DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    nose and dragster dash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nose and dragster dash
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Rick Bailey
posted
anyone out there that can tell me "who"is making fiberglass dragster dashes and noses

Thanks

Rick Bailey

Posts: 223 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Riggeal's offers both. Noses are posted on the site and they emailed me dash specs

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Comes in glass or carbon and blank or with the iq3 mount. I don't have the pricing anymore just the pic

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but

I have a Racetech dragster and need a new nose.
It is a Riggeal but I was wondering if they are sold by Racetech with the holes precut and dimpled for the dzus buttons?

I can easily buy a nose and cut the holes but I don't know how they slightly dimple them without cracking the fiberglass.

Just have not gotten around to calling Racetech and asking....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Mine is Aluminum. Don't you have to use a 4 hole doubler plate on glass? I may be wrong, doesn't the taper fit in the drilled hole. I have a few that i use due to egged holes on the tin. When the lower rails snapped. He shows a dimple tool here.
(TM) Race cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY-Ldl15Cg0

Tapered reamer for glass i believe. Small one you put on a drill. Don't forget to tape it up where your going to drill.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post