DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Poll: Ferrea or Manley valves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: Ferrea or Manley valves
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Ok, which to use? Ferrea or Manley severe duty non Titanium valves. Going in a 700 HP with carburetor 1/8th mile. Or another brand?

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ferrea!!!!

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^this

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Yep. Nice pieces!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Racing Engine Valves in Florida. Have been using them for the last 10 years, 8000 rpm SBC, stainless steel.

https://revvalves.com/

Was told by Brandywine Cylinder Heads to use them.

Have used Ferrea and Manley in the past also, no issues.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think 2 guys were at Ferrea then they split and one opened Revvalve.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Racing Engine Valves in Florida. Have been using them for the last 10 years, 8000 rpm SBC, stainless steel.

https://revvalves.com/

Was told by Brandywine Cylinder Heads to use them.

Have used Ferrea and Manley in the past also, no issues.

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Last 7 engines had REV valves stainless.
Tagged a couple and they bent, not broke.
Same with Ferrea.
Manley is a good valve but usually break when tagged, or at least I have seen a few do it.
Speaking of SS not Ti.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
All 3 are good, just be aware that they all have difference grades of valves in SS! Pick the right one for your application.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

I’ve had Brodix valves, then Rev and now my head builder wants me to use Ferrea with a 5/16 stem. Of course each step is slightly more money.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post