DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ignition guru..?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ignition guru..?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Without going into great detail, can a distributor cause a 5.8's, car to loose .3 and 5 MPH? 60' is the same, water box fine, just will ot high gear! I removed one MSD and installed another and this happened. Thanks

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Then you’ve answered your own question. Timing
Has to be way off to lose 5 mph.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Was one distributor locked out and other one not?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Bad signal from the pickup? Weak signal? Phasing/timing off? Something changed from one to the other for that to happen......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Was one distributor locked out and other one not?

Yes, one locked the other not, but the one not locked has only a little retard and immediately advances. Probably maxed at 2500. just for cranking.

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Bad signal from the pickup? Weak signal? Phasing/timing off? Something changed from one to the other for that to happen......

Low gear seems to be fine..??
I did ohm the coils/ pickups and best I can remember one was 42-44 and the other 46 or so.