DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hard to crank after a run ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard to crank after a run ?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When I went from 10:1 cr to 13:1 cr, I started having hard hot restart issues. Had to go to the ign off/spinning/ign on system to get it running again. Cold start was always fine, no problems. I was using one redtop 12 v battery, installed a second one which gave me double the CCAs, hard start issue went away. Engine doesnt even make one revolution now, even at 200 degrees. Just my experience.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
When I went from 10:1 cr to 13:1 cr, I started having hard hot restart issues. Had to go to the ign off/spinning/ign on system to get it running again. Cold start was always fine, no problems. I was using one redtop 12 v battery, installed a second one which gave me double the CCAs, hard start issue went away. Engine doesnt even make one revolution now, even at 200 degrees. Just my experience.

checked build sheet. this motor is @ 15.7:1.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post