DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Misty Lava Powder Coated Dragster Powerglide
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misty Lava Powder Coated Dragster Powerglide
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Anyone done this color on their powerglide?

I had a guy request it, hopefully my powder coater has it.

This would look nice on #MEAN GREEN transmission and rear end housing as well.

misty lava^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gonna start doing all my intakes this color.

Powder coater said no problem getting it, be here Wednesday.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Misty Lava Sonnax ratio servo - high pressure *fix*

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Speedway grey is really nice looking

Posts: 6 | Location: Tiusville,Florida | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gttony1:
Speedway grey is really nice looking

Sure is, the powder coater mentioned they had speedway grey when I inquired about misty lava, so I presume they're similar.

Just waiting on the REID bell to get here from TSR, along with some other misc items and I'll get the case and bell to powder coat. I like the billet steel pressure plate and shift lever TSR offer, as a matter of fact everything they have is top shelf race ready, so I don't mind the wait. I think TSR had the last REID bell for sale new in the country, so I got lucky there.

They went a personal best 4.40 flat in Gainesville this past weekend with a 1.69 low transmission I did a few months ago, so it'll be interesting to see how the TSI 1.64 low works comparatively in the new misty lava transmission, with a shorter tire they have in mind, in play. Reher Morrison 585 BBC, Ray Miller 4 link dragster.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These TSI 1.64 gearsets are a little different in that they're rated for 2000 hp.

It'll be interesting to see if we can use one n/a effectively Super Pro bracket racing, because I believe it stands to reason the transmission will require less maintenance / w/high power.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
High power, once the other gear sets I've seen start splintering, it's all down hill for transmission pressures.

So when they start backing up on the trans brake, that's your signal to get em out for maintenance, before they sizzle.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Misty Lava transmission made it to powdercoat. Powercoat shop closed on Mondays.

TSR REID mopar bell left yesterday back to TSR.

Power coat guy tells me they're swamped with work but because I bring him cool stuff they like doing, he's gonna have Misty Lava done by next Tuesday - Wednesday..... Cool deal.

They're closing for Christmas and New Years a couple weeks. I should have Misty Lava done a week from this Thursday.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:
These TSI 1.64 gearsets are a little different in that they're rated for 2000 hp.

yup much better than 1.69

we've used them

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:

we've used them

That's good to hear. From experience with TSI whenever they put a hp rating on any of their products, it means something.

Misty Lava transmission owner will be glad to hear this as well, making the effort worthwhile.

I guess they're a few weeks out on the tire they have in mind for this gear set, but it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

He definitely likes hot rodding his dragster, Super Pro bracket racing that's for sure. So hopefully it'll cut the mustard with the new combo of parts gearset - tire.

Thanks for the feed back.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wild color gray, blue, green depending on the light.

Come out gorgeous, our powdercoater does excellent work, jewelry.

4.30-4.40 n/a dragster

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:

we've used them

Did you have issues with the 1.69?

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sonnax 10

TSI NASA ringless

Sonnax Ratio Servo

TSI 7 Bolt T400 Tube Ringless

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Misty Lava done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Misty Lava done.

standard brake?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Color looks like anthracite to me

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i am digging the color.

ep-like it

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Gotta admit, I like that color.

Mikey, how thick is the rear cover? I need to replace mine soon and it needs to be 5/8" to work with my limiter plate that goes behind it...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post