Find
Notify
Tools

Ed...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
You mentioned in the trans temp thread you had the original test data for Transynd from the engineer? Is there a way I can get a copy of that from you?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Guess I could copy it and email it you. Is there anything specific you're looking for.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Having a discussion with another racer over fluid quality. His argument is that his prefered $3.50 fluid is as good as transynd and he doesn't see the fluid lasting long enough to justify the higher cost.....He said he's viewed the spec sheets but of course they won't have test data....so I told him I might be able to get it for him to review....

I'll pm my email to you...Thanks for helping out.

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
His $3.50/quart fluid won't run as cool and that in itself is worth the cost unless of course he's of the belief like some here that his trans fluid needs to be 180 degrees. Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
His comparison was pretty much invalid....but argued against me because I was talking in "generalities".....he wanted data.....

I guess working on trash trucks for 12 years and seeing what they put their transmissions through wasn't enough to convince him.....oh well.....

Mark Goulette

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
some can never be helped/convinced as is evident here. Wink

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
His $3.50/quart fluid won't run as cool and that in itself is worth the cost unless of course he's of the belief like some here that his trans fluid needs to be 180 degrees. Laughing Hard

100000% accurate

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark, check your email