New
Find
Notify
Tools

ford v10 tuner
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone put a tuner on a ford 2valve v10? looking at the five star. seems to make 20-25 horsepower and torque gains in the 2200-2700 rpm range. is that a noticeable difference in 34' rv pulling a 34' trailer. I know it won't pull like a diesel. trying to cut down on the downshifting a little.

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had A 2 valve V10 motorhome put the 5 star tuner on it which did help a little bit the main thing I noticed what the shift point were changed.

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
how so? hold them out longer, shift higher. shifter sooner. stay
in OD longer?

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
would shift a little higher rpm plus would stay in overdrive longer before kicking down

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the 5 star tuner on my 2011 sunseeker, works great. A little more power, took a lot of the delayed response from the fly by wire, and the shifting is right on . Real happy with it

Posts: 36 | Location: canada | Registered: January 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post