Find
Notify
Tools

Dial in boards
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think I've seen a door car with an electric dial in board at the windshield. Is there no easy way to get a board there?

Can the 4 digit boards start with a 0?

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
Can the 4 digit boards start with a 0?

The Digital Delay boards have a single column of lights that can make a 1 as the first digit. When not needed, they are dark.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Maybe I don't need one in the front. Change told me that he never ran a windshield board in the Cutlass and nobody ever said anything about it. Maybe nobody cares about a front dial anymore.

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I agree, I haven't put a dial on the windshield for years because I have a dial board.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 735 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
Roll Bar Clamp On Dial Board Bracket

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
So that bracket puts the board in the quarter window. Does the board sit back far enough from the window to allow changing the dial by reaching in or does the board come off easily or is this designed for an electronic board?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Ron, why use a bracket like that for a flip board? They don't weigh anything. Two strips of Velcro in whichever window(s) you need the dial in, and you're done.

I assume that bracket was made with a digital board in mind, but would work with anything.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
So that bracket puts the board in the quarter window. Does the board sit back far enough from the window to allow changing the dial by reaching in or does the board come off easily or is this designed for an electronic board?

https://proshop.summitracing.c...8iYF9phoCY6AQAvD_BwE

They come with suction cups which is how I had it on my quarter glass. The suction cups work well but will need to be changed eventually. Last year, I drilled holes in the lexan and made up 1/2 inch spacers to go between. They are mounted now and easy to change, flip the numbers. (no longer fall off)

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 735 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the bracket compared to Velcro and I've heard that suction cups don't always hold. I'll have to check out Tom's set-up. I like the electronic boards except for the price, but I might go that route.

DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
Correct this style dial in board bracket is an easy solution to mounting your dial in boards in the rear quarter window, back window or on a truck roll bar down tube.

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post