DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    which meziere starter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which meziere starter?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I was looking at meziere website. I need a starter for 14to1 540. Anybody using the ts300? Says good up to 565 so should fit the bill for what i think i need. Looks like the 100 series may not be adequate?

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Get the starter for the diesel style 136 tooth flexplate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
sure that isn't overkill for my junk?

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtended_s10:
sure that isn't overkill for my junk?

Could be I suppose. If I were gonna buy a Meziere, I'd go all in.

Or get ya a Powermaster 9540, if ya wanna use a conventional flexplate.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Did you mean 136 tooth?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you mean 136 tooth?

Yes sir

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking for longevity the meziere products are expensive but hold up well. I love their water pumps! i don't mind spending more for quality. just don't know about all these different pitch flexplates. I don't travel around too much but i think if you really needed a flexplate someone would have a 168 tooth.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
139 tooth and I like Powermaster starters. Regardless of what brand you get make sure it is the 139 tooth deal. Much stronger.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Go with the 139 tooth TS400 starter and billet flexplate combo. You won't regret it.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I meant 139 sorry, the 139 big teeth on the flexplate, is a design approach taken from big diesel engines.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
House of Payne 139 will spin it like the plugs are out.

ep-139 is probably over kill but as others have stated you won't regret it.

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I meant 139 sorry, the 139 big teeth on the flexplate, is a design approach taken from big diesel engines.

We all knew what you meant. The 139 tooth flex plates are approximately same diameter as the 168 but it has less teeth so the teeth are larger and do not break. Only way to go now in my opinion.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
House of Payne 139 will spin it like the plugs are out.

ep-139 is probably over kill but as others have stated you won't regret it.
X2 PAULEY got this right......

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just thinking for longevity the meziere products are expensive but hold up well. I love their water pumps! i don't mind spending more for quality. just don't know about all these different pitch flexplates. I don't travel around too much but i think if you really needed a flexplate someone would have a 168 using tooth

If that's the case, I'd put a Powermaster 9540 on it.

I worked on a twin ProCharged 632 some years before the 139 tooth, we figured if we put a mezeire starter we'd be ahead of the game.

Really didn't work out 168 tooth Mezeire flexplate, but I'm thinking the 139 would've. So that's why I say, if you're going Mezeire, go all in, otherwise a Powermaster #9540 will probably work as good 168.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
139 TOOTH AND 16 VOLT BATTERY ... will run 9,s on starter lol

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I suggest getting the starter first if you can't swing both. You should get the TS400 starter (for 168 tooth) if you think it will fit. Our starter will help even a cheap flexplate last longer. And if you want to upgrade to the 139 tooth 10 pitch flexplate the starter can be converted to a 139 tooth starter.
You can call us if have any other questions.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 239 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks 1leg. I thought about going that direction but may just go all in and get the 139 setup. i should have all the room i need the headers go outside the frame rails..strut front. I think old age and extreme temps took my starter out this weekend not to mention i abused it. i can install my spare to get me by next race then i can install whatever i want.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks 1leg. I thought about going that direction but may just go all in and get the 139 setup. i should have all the room i need the headers go outside the frame rails..strut front. I think old age and extreme temps took my starter out this weekend not to mention i abused it. i can install my spare to get me by next race then i can install whatever i want.

The part number for 139 tooth is TSF110 you get the TST400 starter, FPT300 flexplate and ARP crank bolts.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 239 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post