New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak issue
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Hey gents I am having an issue with my Racepak not reading my logger, or maybe Im having a laptop issue. At any rate looking for some input. First off yes this logger has worked fine since day 1 and I think I am fairly well versed in racepak but not sure whats going on. Let me start by saying I have moved to Ohio and I left my old laptop with my son, so he could used it with his Sportsman racepak and have the weather station and data. I figured I'd just use a different laptop. So I pulled out another laptop we have here at home, we have some extras left over from deployment days. Anyway I used this laptop before on my sons Sportsman racepak and IQ3 without any issues. So assumed Id be ok here. Anyway I am ready to hit some races here so was gonna fire the car up and check stuff over change oil etc, has been sitting since March. I added some new stuff to the racepak as well, namely 8 O2 sensors to replace the 4 I had been moving around. That install went well with no issue. Everything is loaded and in the car configuration just fine. So Im ready to fire the car up and want to do a telemetry session just to make sure everything is working as it should. Well the lap top wont recognize the logger or run telemetry. I tried unloading and reloading the software to see if maybe there was an issue there. Nope same thing I get an error that says i do not have permission to run telemetry and give me a serial number to a 300SD thats not mine. So I a bit stumped as to where to go from here. Any ideas would be appreciated. About to go buy a new laptop but wanna see if anyone has seen this before..

Oh yeah one other thing. When I go to open telemetry the dialog box only shows IQ3 and Vnet as options. No sportsman or V300sd to click on to open. If I go into the Vnet option there is no V300SD option to click on only a V300. No matter what I click from there I get the message that I dont have permission to run telemetry and a serial number for a V300(266 I beleive)

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
Did you add the license info for your unit to the Datalink program?

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
My serial number was a flash drive deal that looked like a novelty Racepak eraser....lol. I had no idea till I pulled it apart.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:

Oh yeah one other thing. When I go to open telemetry the dialog box only shows IQ3 and Vnet as options. No sportsman or V300sd to click on to open. If I go into the Vnet option there is no V300SD option to click on only a V300. No matter what I click from there I get the message that I dont have permission to run telemetry and a serial number for a V300(266 I beleive)

If you have a Sportsman your are not going to get anywhere without the Sportsman config. Best way to get that is to re-install data link (download 4.8.12 from Holley here - when installing just take all the defaults except when you get to the screen that asks which Racepak products you have and then pick Sportsman. Continue on with defaults from there.

Your next step will be to read in the actual sensors in the car (like your o2's) into the Sportsman config you just loaded. Here's a vid on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUA1VzmYhlk

Here's a video on how to do a telemetry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8HuZ_1yE3U&t=9s

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes I have the license/unlock key USB.

This is all for a V300SD, not a Sportsman. Probaly should have left that out but this laptop was being used for my sons car which has a Sportsman and worked fine. I have tried to uninstall the software and reload the datalink II 5.0. Problem still is there. I cannot open a telemetry session.

Hope this makes some sense. I have never had this issue and been using racepak stuff since 2010, I am sure its something simple I am missing but cannot figure it out.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ok does the config for that serial # v300sd show up when you open car config?

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So is there any communicating going on between laptop and Racepak? Is it a connection issue?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
ok does the config for that serial # v300sd show up when you open car config?

No it does not. Just IQ3 and vnet only in the box

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
then you need to load the license / config for that unit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxc1tB4dtU

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Greg thanks!! That was the missing step. It was asking for that info on the install and bringing up the box to locate the disk and was not reading it. All fixed thanks. I learned something new today. I have bought both these new and don't ever remember having to do this step before but I am old Smile

Marcus Tullius Cicero