DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Little bubba tire growth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little bubba tire growth
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted
After mounting these things up it looks like they may be too tall for my tubs. I lost two inches going from a 15 inch wheel and 16x33s to the 16 inch wheel and bubbas. Not sure if raising the rear of the car will do the trick if they grow higher than the Hoosier did. Thoughts?

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I don’t think they grow a ton.. where they’re at is pretty close to where they’re at at end of track.. I’m pretty sure the 3183 and 319XW tires are same size at the finish line..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1.5" @ 150 mph

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
1.5" @ 150 mph

Mike

Knowing your wealth of knowledge vs the rest of us, you should have know better to define your measurement above! Big Grin

Radius or Diameter?

Daryl, how wide are your wheels. In general Little Bub's don't grow nearly as much as your typical 16x33 tire would. Mainly MPH and the car's weight determine how much tire growth you can expect.

Posts: 2143 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
1.5" @ 150 mph

Mike

Knowing your wealth of knowledge vs the rest of us, you should have know better to define your measurement above! Big Grin

Radius or Diameter?

Daryl, how wide are your wheels. In general Little Bub's don't grow nearly as much as your typical 16x33 tire would. Mainly MPH and the car's weight determine how much tire growth you can expect.

1.5" total @ 150 mph

If it were my "wealth of knowledge" vs. everyone, we'd be racing. We're not racing, we're exchanging idea's on approach for racing.

If we were racing I'd still help you with approach and I'd race my street car Nova. Because it wouldn't be fair if I didn't.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My approach for this would be to raise the car 1" tops, maybe a hair less for, for ride height at speed (aerodynamics).

The Hoosier grows a hair more probably, but has a longer footprint front to back at speed. How much more who knows. Only trial and error

If it were me I wouldn't put much more thought in it after that, other than another dimension in wing height adjustment could develop anyway.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
1.5" @ 150 mph

Mike

Radius or Diameter?

16x16 v series beadlocks

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The wider the tread in comparison to the rim width, the more the tire grows and vice versa.

The other variable to take into consideration is the rear damper valving. My Ohlins TTX 36's can be adjusted to be digressive, shaft speed rises the rearend separates (jacked up).

There's numerous adjustments you can make to have the ride height at speed anywhere you find it performs best.

Drops when you lift-coast