DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Too beadlock or not to beadlock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too beadlock or not to beadlock
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
I know I Don't need them,but I love the look and changing tires is wayyy easier. Only thing I am doing this winter is changing fluids and tires... The expense isn't an issue. Did go with hoosier since micky discontinued the tire i was using. Thought?
What size 15” or 16”…

15x15

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:Macfab is 4 hour ride.. I will be converting the wheels I have

I went to MacFabs website today, and not only do their conversion offerings look great so does the pricing. Post up some finished pics of your wheels when you get them installed.

Will do..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I know I Don't need them,but I love the look and changing tires is wayyy easier. Only thing I am doing this winter is changing fluids and tires... The expense isn't an issue. Did go with hoosier since micky discontinued the tire i was using. Thought?
What size 15” or 16”…

15x15
Just keep in mind some double 15x15 WILL NOT clear all brakes

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark Williams sells a brake kit just for 15” wheels with beadlocks, I have it on my Firebird.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My 16" Dewzen converted Weld 2.0's barely cleared my Mark Williams calipers...Not a lot of clearance but worked fine...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Mark Williams sells a brake kit just for 15” wheels with beadlocks, I have it on my Firebird.

We have run into this several times at work. We use a fair amount of the modular floater housings and sometimes they will come set up with brakes for 16” wheels but the customer is using 15”.

Simple rotor and caliper bracket & brake pad swap.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
What size 15” or 16”…

15x15

Thanks i know i need to do a measurement when i pull my wheels off

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
What size 15” or 16”…

15x15

Thanks i know i need to do a measurement when i pull my wheels off

I've personally run Strange, Lamb, & TBM brake and all of them have cleared MacFab beadlock rings. I know Wilwood can to be a problem with fitment, don't know about Aerospace, never used them.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have had no issues with Strange or Lamb brakes and MacFabs on a 15" wheel.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
measured and good to go

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Well i have nothing but great things to say about Macfab Lyle and Mark. Great group of guys. Spend about hour and a half there talking. This guys can pretty much make any wheel you want or need. And they sell wheels also...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3YeFFPtUtn6wfgpX7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VCBjCKQqsEru8zLE9

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
look good

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well i have nothing but great things to say about Macfab Lyle and Mark. Great group of guys. Spend about hour and a half there talking. This guys can pretty much make any wheel you want or need. And they sell wheels also...

Wise money saving choice… they look like NEW !!!!

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those do look nice.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3993 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post