New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheetah Shifter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a Cheetah shifter powerglide transmission with an aluminum pan. My issue is I cannot get the correct adjustment from the cable due to the thickness of the pan rail.
Anyone ran into this and what did you do to correct it? Hoping I do not have to remake the cable bracket and there is an easy solution.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
On mine it's the same thing. A glide with deep aluminum pan. What I did is use a Adel clamp to hold the cable. Iirc I had to use a piece of hose on the cable as a bushing to keep cable right in clamp. Anyway, I bolted the clamp to the rear most lower hole on the braket. Bolt hole on Adel clamp up and used a 1/4 inch bolt and nut to make it work.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I want to add, be sure to use the correct turbo action shift leaver. It has been my experience that the universal ones do not have the hole drilled in the correct location. That can cause all kinds of problems.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post