Notify
Tools

MT/GY tires
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
TOP38 KNOWS ...lol

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, what tires do the Domino's and Tim M use on their bracket dragsters?

Raced twice with them in the last month...M/T on every dragster, you should ask em why?

Majority on Hoosiers are sponsored by Hoosiers it seems. ESPECIALLY in the bracket dragster world.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know what tires are on their cars

but maybe change is in the air due to the air they don't hold. Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can sacrifice “not holding air” for a more consistent car. I get it, people are very loyal to a tire. Honestly people are probably more loyal in the racing community to a tire than most anything else. Use whatever makes you happy and works for you, I’ve personally been happier with every car I’ve switched from Hoosier to M/t and I’ve done it multiple times.

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sun up to sun down with over 25 degrees of temp change and the 60 foot moved 2 thou in 6 passes on M/T 3190

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we've got the same tickets on Hoosiers and the bonus is that Hoosiers are faster than empties too, FACT

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Personally have never experienced any ET change when switching from Hoosier to M/T. The car above had Hoosiers originally. I’m not going to say it’s not possible for someone to experience an ET change when switching tire manufacture. I am simply saying I personally haven’t

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I didn't say quicker, though I know many that have slowed up on empties, I said faster.

Remember, you and dad refused to believe me you'd run quicker, faster and just as consistent on gas until you did. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Haha this is true. Not sure if it was more consistent, close at least in that category. The car was faster though

Edit: I do see now where you said “just as consistent” and not more consistent