Find
Notify
Tools

MT/GY tires
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted
Has anyone heard about any testing GY might have done with the MT 3195’s Big Bubbas yet???
Thx

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Heard Goodyear’s testing has conclusively determined this tire doesn’t hold air and chunks on the cars and the power it was designed for. Therefore this tire has been deemed inferior to the comparable GY tire and will be discontinued immediately.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
I knew a smart a$$ would show up. You like Hoosiers, good for you.

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don’t you like about that JUNK tire? Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
That’s your opinion but mine is different. You can leave now. You have had your fun

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s the opinion of many bracket racers and most TD/TS racers too including several that post here. NahNahTounge

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Come on Ed,,,, I seriously have 0ver 250 runs on my big bubbas which still print time slips. Over 3 days and runs at Atco my 60's ranged from .988 to .983. The TS S10 I drive has Hoosiers on it and I had to add air every month to keep the tires up.....

Killin me Smalls!! Cool

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
GY has something up there sleeve, I have seen the GY engineers in the lanes when TD was running at multiple NHRA events the past year taking notes on what tire everyone was running, I am sure they are doing the same with others classes too. A couple of years ago they offered me a set of there new TD tire to beta test, I turned it down because I didnt have a extra set of wheels and did not want to commit to them incase they did not work. Apparently they aren't working to well because you rarely see anyone running them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Seems now we are hearing truth and facts. Not just opinion.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I do see several in D4 in Super Comp running a GY tire, including current 2 time world champ Christopher Dodd. Dodd has run GY as long as I can remember

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
GY has something up there sleeve, I have seen the GY engineers in the lanes when TD was running at multiple NHRA events the past year taking notes on what tire everyone was running, I am sure they are doing the same with others classes too. A couple of years ago they offered me a set of there new TD tire to beta test, I turned it down because I didnt have a extra set of wheels and did not want to commit to them incase they did not work. Apparently they aren't working to well because you rarely see anyone running them.

Nothing new and with there resources I have no idea why they have failed over and over!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I have never had a goodyear slick on anything that worked worth two sheets.....

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that has a few rounds on Goodyear slicks, but I doubt you ever heard of him. Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
When i was at gainsville purchasing a bunch of hard to find MT part numbers the goodyear engineer actually helped me bring them to my trailer.
Really good guy and he told me MT and goodyear are staying seperate for the time being.But his assignment was to integrate a goodyear product into the td.ts fields.
He stated his problem has been getting guys to test the goodyear prototypes as big steve confirmed...and also getting guys to share info with them so they can get feedback on what their tires where doing.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
With wheels costing so much they should have some tires mounted and people would be more willing to try if it was a bolt on deal. Most dragsters take the same wheel combination.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I would of defiantly gave them a try if they came with a set of Deltas Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
When i was at gainsville purchasing a bunch of hard to find MT part numbers the goodyear engineer actually helped me bring them to my trailer.
Really good guy and he told me MT and goodyear are staying seperate for the time being.But his assignment was to integrate a goodyear product into the td.ts fields.
He stated his problem has been getting guys to test the goodyear prototypes as big steve confirmed...and also getting guys to share info with them so they can get feedback on what their tires where doing.

Mike
A local racer in our area had tested GY tires for a number of years with no luck, bolts the MT bigs on and goes right done the track. Last year GY gave a set of tires to another local racer with a similar combo to mine, couldn’t make it to 60 feet. Tried another set later in the year same deal. Had to take timing out just to get to the 60’ and make a full pass. Also there was no gain in top end MPH!

Again they have been trying for YEARS and as far as I know they have failed big time

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile Hoosier’s C1550 will outperform emptie’s buffoon in ET, MPH, consistency, air retention and longevity

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We can argue, we can debate, we can agree, or disagree. Majority of dragsters have the Bubba, majority of door cars have Hoosiers.

I simply cant agree with Ed, cleary many in the bracket world on tracks that are not divisional or national prep tracks tried the Hoosier new tire and went back M/T. I will give it to those that are sponsored by Hoosier...THEY are loyal people. WHEN the Hoosiers are on the same level of the Bubba, you will see MANY using them, so far thats not the case in the BIG money bracket world.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, we don't bracket race on NHRA prepped tracks. Matter of fact the divisional races are prepped by the host track and most of them suck at track prep. Further the majority of BIG money bracket races won here in the northeast are with dragster and cars on Hoosier tires.