DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air pressure with beadlocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air pressure with beadlocks
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
Going from a non beadlock to a beadlock did you have to adjust your air pressure?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No, exact same as prior

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
No, exact same as prior

I had to drop from 8.75 to 7.5 to make it happy. 32-14.5 hoosier now instead is the 32-16 mt both stiffside wall tires

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
Do you like the 32 14.5 tire compared to the MT?

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
No, exact same as prior

I had to drop from 8.75 to 7.5 to make it happy. 32-14.5 hoosier now instead is the 32-16 mt both stiffside wall tires

So you went to Hoosier tire same time you went to Beadlocks? From my experience the Hoosiers like less air.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I`ve had 10 PSI in my Hoosiers on bead locks for the past 2 years and have`nt dropped a pound. Bead locks seal better than regular rims. When racing, i run 7 PSI.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
Do you like the 32 14.5 tire compared to the MT?

So far so good the car is deadly the driver not so much. 1.277-1.285 over 4 days...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
No, exact same as prior

So you went to Hoosier tire same time you went to Beadlocks? From my experience the Hoosiers like less air.

32-16 mt ran at 8.75 so far 7.5 with the hoosier.. Hoosier didnt like 8.75 lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55