DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    advance cam and Cranking compression
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

advance cam and Cranking compression
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
On Starter fixed back to what I wanted to check. Cranking compression.

Since I installed new rods and knowing they are .020 shorter than old ones.Reason 750.00 instead of 1500.00. Thesxe have one 330' shot. I know the guy they came thru for 30 plus years and thazt is real deal' Old rods although few runs whee out of my TA/D motor which had 10,500 or 11.000 after leaving at 7000.We changed them at 15 to 20 runs,those had 10.

Ok back to OQ. New cam although less duration still low cranking compression. .6:1 will cuase that. Cam calls for 32* at .050.150 cc there. Moved it to 36 and 170 moved it to40* and almost 200. Piston to valve is far from an issue right now. Takes about 10 minute to change if I stop for a sandwich and drink.

While I would like more this is also about same point we ran the blower motors with bigger cam. I figure safe.

So would you run it at the 40* since gut sayd extra 50 psi will help.

Run it at 32 as cam racommened.

New gaskets will help if I ever get them here .020 less. Back to 12.6 to 12.7 comporession.

New pistons still month plus out and they will really kick it in butt. .125 bigger and 14/5 to 15:1 easy/

Where would you ruin it, Just starting point.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post