DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    22.5 Motor home Tires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22.5 Motor home Tires
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Any recommendations on 22.5 Motorhome tires for 36' Diesel pusher pulling 30' trailer?

Posts: 400 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: April 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
When i was in the tire business for class 8, majority were either Toyo or Yokohams's unless they wanted Michelin >> $$$

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ive had great luck with the goodyears and they don't seem to dry rot like the other brands

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Last year I put Toyo M154's on my motorhome. Didn't balance them or put bags in them and they ride very smooth. Make sure you check the date code when you buy them.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I seconded the Toyo's.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ran the Michelin for years...rolling on Yokohamas this year...so far very good results.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
http://www.autosphere.ca/tiren...2/tn-news-feb-24.jpg Bridgestone R283a

Our Renegade came with the Bridgestone R283a.

goes down the road smooth.

38 ft Freightliner and 30 ft tag trailer.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Whats available really depends on the size. The choices available for a DP are more limited than a toter / conversion. I also have the Toyo M154 and they seem really good so far. The OE size on my MH is only available from Michelin & Goodyear. I like Michelin but they're a fortune and I wouldn't let a kid make a tree swing with a Goodyear. The Toyo on mine is actually a 245/75/22.5 instead of the 235/80/22.5 that comes from the factory, but if you look at the specs on the Toyo and the OE Michelin, the actual dimensions are nearly identical. Keep one of your old ones as a spare - road service may get to you right away but it won't be much help if you are camped out on the side of the highway for 2 days waiting for your odd-sized special order tire to come in that they will overcharge you for!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
firestone fs561 275/70r22.5 18 ply,thee years no issues yet .the man that owned it before me was a truck driver,i figured he knew it was a good tire.anyway so far so good

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Heard
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Toyo's. Have had good luck with them on our motorhome.

John Heard
DragStuff.com

Posts: 188 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Which ever brand you chose check availability like said above our coach had a size made for Tiffen by Michelin lost two days of a trip because of flat and not being able to get one after trip changed all tires went to a different size available anywhere we had 255/80r22.5s went with 10.22.5s

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Check out Sailun and Long March tires. Truckers and truckers report swear by them. Just ordered 7 Long March for my trailer. These are steel belted 14 ply trailer tires. The 22.5 tires are steel belted also.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hankooks have been on our dp. no problems

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
When I did the research on mine on the RV forums most liked the Toyo better.
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...187039286#8187039286

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Funny there isn’t a single qualitative reason listed anywhere. If they stay round and holding air the are good. Lol

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Funny there isn’t a single qualitative reason listed anywhere. If they stay round and holding air the are good. Lol

I have bought a motor home and it needs tires so I did research on the forums. I mainly paid attention to the responses that had experience with several brand tires. The Toyo tires were highest rated by those with experience. I more or less disregarded those who have only ran one brand. Just telling you what I learned in my research for what it is worth.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
hankook ah37 is what I ran

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hankook AH37 on ours as well. Never touched them and this is year 5 and about 60,000 miles. Smooth as silk. We are running about 95 psi on a max rated tire of 135 psi to soften the ride a bit.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post