DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2nd 'Glide Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2nd 'Glide Question
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Anyone have knowledge of how much area the "Quick Set" filler piece takes up in the rear passage of a 'glide? Other than the port to fill the passage, I don't detect any other connection to other passages. So my guess is that the best thing to do would be to fill this passage completely.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Just the area the quick set is in.. I used to make my own using an old case and wheel weights. Just plug the h ole and fill with lead, then pop it out and install in the race case. Just make sure it doesn't stick above governor supportgasket area. Or you can buy one 20.00.

This one is for OEM case.. Quick Set

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I use JB Weld and fill area to top. Take a razor blade and remove excess so it’s flush. Stand case on the bell housing. I take a drill bit and use the chuck end to temporarily block the hole in the bottom of the passage. Leave bit in the hole for a hour or two then pull out.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
I use JB Weld and fill area to top. Take a razor blade and remove excess so it’s flush. Stand case on the bell housing. I take a drill bit and use the chuck end to temporarily block the hole in the bottom of the passage. Leave bit in the hole for a hour or two then pull out.

Good Idea...
Not worthy

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Smile I used the drill bit idea and ended up going with some old solder I had. I can't remember the last copper tubing i soldered anyway, used Pex for years now.

Thanks for the ideas and help!