New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grid vs 7al3
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Currently running Msd 7al3 without crank trigger, has anyone seen any more consistency or performance by going with the 7720 and 7730 over the 7al3? Just see alot of people running them , and was thinking about upgrading myself, but have not had any dealing with them. Door car 582 ci, bracket raced, 5.11 1/8 mile.

Posts: 24 | Location: Peterman, AL | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Replacing your working 7al3 (I’ll assume the older 7230 model) with a Grid 7720 / 7730 will not make your car any faster.

Many racers that choose programmable ignitions like Grid , do so for the “Versatility” of the features that it offers. Some just add the Grid 7730 control upgrade to their present ignition reducing the cost.

Grid programming is free to download and install in your laptop / desktop. Opening the software and using the Sample.mff file is exactly the same as attaching to Grid. You’re just working in an offline file that can be saved and loaded into Grid.

Here’s something that may help the first time Grid user decide if this is the type of ignition they want to purchase.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...12/m/5891021504/p/11

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Mark, different subject. You posted once on how to simulate all your settings like timing retards and rpm ect on the grid by pushing the TB button to start can you repost that so I can pass it along to my kid.

Thanks

Posts: 2425 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post