DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Adding a 2" receiver to a 40,000 hitch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adding a 2" receiver to a 40,000 hitch
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted
Has anyone added a 2" receiver to their 40,000 toter/motorcoach hitch? If so, can you take some pictures?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
I'll try and get a picture tonight.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Mine looks just like the 2 5/16 just its a 2 ball? I currently use the mini 5th wheel hitch, but found it (the 2" hitch) handy pulling an open trailer or tow dolly when not racing.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Where did you find the 2” version? Mine has the 2 5/16 welded to it. I want to be able to two smaller trailers with 2” or 1 7/8” hitches.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure someone on truckconversion.net built a 2" receiver for they're hitch with pics.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Like this?

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure he means a 2" square receiver, not a 2" ball.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Maybe I need a better picture?. That is my 2 inch square receiver.

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The 2 inch was welded to a hitch that was in my coach when I bought it...I had wanted one for years and could not find one.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Who builds the hitches for Renegade, Haulmark and Showhauler?

Rob Robertson

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:

Not sure exactly...

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I am getting this correctly but couldn’t you use a sleeve like the newer one ton Chevy trucks come with to step it down to the smaller size? I got one laying in the garage I found alone the highway.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check your messages.

Posts: 5 | Location: ST. CLAIR , MI USA | Registered: October 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Jack, my messages?

Green, the hitch is now a permanent 2 5/16” ball on top of the flat plate. This is nutted and welded. I want to add a 2” receiver tube or buy another hitch, to allow me to use a multitude of smaller ball sizes.

Rob Robertson

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Gotcha.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:

The manufacturers build they're own hitches as needed. I've actually paid pretty close attention to how a few were built. All it basically would take is flat stock and angle stock with holes drilled and bolted. The receiver side is nice water cut pieces, but the rest is basically 3/8" steel in various configurations.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post