DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cable pass thru roll cage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cable pass thru roll cage
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wondering if there is rule on running cable or other thru roll cage. Would like to run chute cable thru cage using a welded in sleeve for passage. On FED with lever in front of cage on top raile and chute behind diver,in case anyone wondering why wanting to do so.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
It's done all the time. Most of the wiring, cables, etc on mine are inside the frame rails. Just make sure the openings a re reinforced and made so the will not cut/chaff the wiring. Only thing I know of that cannot go through the frame rails ate fuel line's.

Blame Garlet's for that one...lol He used the lower rail tube as his fuel line until NHRA caught him, then ruled it out.
quote:
Garlits Pick: Swamp Rat 34

Why did he choose it: “Swamp Rat 34 is still the most modern and cutting edge top fuel dragster in the world!”

What we say: Swamp Rat 34 was a wonder when it was built as a collaboration between Don Garlits and Murf McKinney in the mid 1990s. Using a mono-strut wing, lower frame rails that also acted as fuel lines,

Bangshift

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3308 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
also can not pressurize frame rail.Clayton Harris get credit for that one,on Richard Holcombs TF car that was third into 4's. See I know history,now who was president when and what war not so much,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I know the motorcycles pressurize the frame rails or at least they used to. Instead of carrying a pressurized air tank to activate the shifter, they used the bike frame as a tank. With a gauge mounted on the frame, it was also easy to find out if the frame was cracked when pressure dropped.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post