Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best Trans brake button
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Best Trans brake button
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DRB Motorsports
posted
Which one you guys like best? been using the Biondo mushroom style for years and looking to try something better/different. i'm sure its me, but feel like I can go hit a practice tree good, then chase my reacts on track .


Michael Frizie
ET 2471
2011 Diamond Chassis Dragster
 
Posts: 348 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Which one you guys like best? been using the Biondo mushroom style for years and looking to try something better/different. i'm sure its me, but feel like I can go hit a practice tree good, then chase my reacts on track .


RT's are not just the button! The car also has a lot to do with it.

The best button is the one you feel good using between your ears.
 
Posts: 1241 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DRB Motorsports
posted Hide Post
Figured that response was coming... Laughing Hard


Michael Frizie
ET 2471
2011 Diamond Chassis Dragster
 
Posts: 348 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Which one you guys like best? been using the Biondo mushroom style for years and looking to try something better/different. i'm sure its me, but feel like I can go hit a practice tree good, then chase my reacts on track .


RT's are not just the button! The car also has a lot to do with it.

Along with how many brewski's you had the night before.

The best button is the one you feel good using between your ears.
 
Posts: 636 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Which one you guys like best? been using the Biondo mushroom style for years and looking to try something better/different. i'm sure its me, but feel like I can go hit a practice tree good, then chase my reacts on track .


Are you hitting the practice tree sitting in the car?



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 1049 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Figured that response was coming... Laughing Hard


Glad you got a kick out if it! Big Grin
 
Posts: 1241 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DRB Motorsports
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Which one you guys like best? been using the Biondo mushroom style for years and looking to try something better/different. i'm sure its me, but feel like I can go hit a practice tree good, then chase my reacts on track .


Are you hitting the practice tree sitting in the car?


using a porta tree in the trailer between rounds .


Michael Frizie
ET 2471
2011 Diamond Chassis Dragster
 
Posts: 348 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
I tested 7 buttons in preparation to run on a .370 pro tree at 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 tire. The fastest button I found was the red mushroom top button ART sells. It's made in USA too.

I asked the guy at ART which of the buttons in his glass case was fastest. He thought it was the micro button. I tested that one too, nope!

For bracket racing the best button I have in stock, is a 20 year old B & M red mushroom top, although it was .015 slower than the ART red mushroom. Whatever you win with is best bracket racing IMO.

To test for a fast button, you mash the two buttons your testing together.


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 1177 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DRB Motorsports
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I tested 7 buttons in preparation to run on a .370 pro tree at 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 tire. The fastest button I found was the red mushroom top button ART sells. It's made in USA too.

I asked the guy at ART which of the buttons in his glass case was fastest. He thought it was the micro button. I tested that one too, nope!

For bracket racing the best button I have in stock, is a 20 year old B & M red mushroom top, although it was .015 slower than the ART red mushroom. Whatever you win with is best bracket racing IMO.

To test for a fast button, you mash the two buttons your testing together.


not so much concerned with the speed of the button, but more so the feel and the ability to make sure you can feel you let go of it the same.


Michael Frizie
ET 2471
2011 Diamond Chassis Dragster
 
Posts: 348 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of S. Smithdeal
posted Hide Post
I have found the Biondo double O button the most consistant for me (I just like the feel the best). But with that being said, I often change buttons in the middle of the year if I find myself inconsistent. Most likely the change only effects me between the ears.
 
Posts: 3 | Location: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: November 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I tested 7 buttons in preparation to run on a .370 pro tree at 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 tire. The fastest button I found was the red mushroom top button ART sells. It's made in USA too.

I asked the guy at ART which of the buttons in his glass case was fastest. He thought it was the micro button. I tested that one too, nope!

For bracket racing the best button I have in stock, is a 20 year old B & M red mushroom top, although it was .015 slower than the ART red mushroom. Whatever you win with is best bracket racing IMO.

To test for a fast button, you mash the two buttons your testing together.


not so much concerned with the speed of the button, but more so the feel and the ability to make sure you can feel you let go of it the same.


Tired at the end of a work day is the best time to simulate race conditions hitting the practice tree. Hitting the practice tree is what'll get ya good at knowing if you let go on time, not the particular button you're using IMO.

I'd dread it, but I'd hit the tree everyday before I went home from work back when we raced every Friday night. The reason I'd dread it is because of how I did it.

I'd set up the practice tree on the opponents side either .010 .009 .008 or .007. I'd play to ten, gotta win by two. If you can't win by two at ten, you go to twenty, then thirty etc etc. Gotta win by two. Try it when you're tired at the end of the work day. You can't quit till you win by two at 10, 20, 30 etc etc, that's the rules.

Some nights you'll be there two three hours before you win. As you get better, tighten up the opponents side to .007.

Wire the same brand button you run in your car to the practice tree.


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 1177 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I practice sitting in the car and use alligator clips to attach to the back of the TB button and bump down to feed the practice tree. This gives me the ability to use the same or try new release methods to see what could be most consistent.

I’ve also varied my launch rpm by as much as 800 to see if it improves RT consistency.

If you wear corrective lenses, consider having your prescription checked if more than 1 year ago.

If older, you could possibly have the start of cataracts. I have had this for several years and am waiting to get my eyes fixed. I believe this is effecting my RT consistency.
 
Posts: 1111 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
I practice sitting in the car and use alligator clips to attach to the back of the TB button and bump down to feed the practice tree. This gives me the ability to use the same or try new release methods to see what could be most consistent.



^^^^^^^^^^That is why I asked. If you can get to a release that uses the least amount of muscles it should be the most consistent. Preferably only your bicep muscles.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 1049 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
I'd say you wanna reach for a practice button at the same height and distance in relation to your shoulder, for simulation. If you prefer it sitting in the car, that's cool. But obviously you can also recreate the height and distance out of the car as well, fairly easily.

Personally I don't like getting in, unless I'm starting it.


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 1177 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I alternate between the B&M red mushroom button and the Biondo double 0 button. Like smithdeal above I often change during the season, if I feel my lights are a little inconsistent I change the button and try to use the placebo effect to my advantage.
 
Posts: 261 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
X2 on the Double O button.
 
Posts: 129 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with Al and Sam.

Bob
 
Posts: 2036 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S. Smithdeal:
I have found the Biondo double O button the most consistant for me (I just like the feel the best). But with that being said, I often change buttons in the middle of the year if I find myself inconsistent. Most likely the change only effects me between the ears.


Ha ha between the ears lol Good one Shaun


Brian Mollison

2008 American
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion
 
Posts: 979 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I normally wait till the starter slaps me in the back of the helmet. "You can go now". lol
 
Posts: 636 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Notice what button Peter is using with his practice tree in the Pros vs. Joes


O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on 3 decades of on track proven performance

Support our President! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis






 
Posts: 6022 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best Trans brake button

© DragRaceResults.com 2018