DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    "Family Tradition" a build for Daughter & Grandchildren
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Family Tradition" a build for Daughter & Grandchildren
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Awesome

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It is not necessary to have caster wheels, but it helps Smile

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
caster wheels

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Strings are useful tools

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Strings in use

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Larry, you should assemble all you photos into a how to book. Like the old Smokey Yunick manual. You have the knowledge, might as well share and profit at the same time.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Awesome job as always Larry

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
An interesting update. I have decided to scrap the plans for a conventional SB engine. Instead, to move my engine knowledge into the current century, I will be building an LS-series engine. Would you please check back often as we learn how to do a carburated LS drag engine?

More soon as I decide on which block and what size engine.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Monte came over today to help layout the wheel tub cuts

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tub

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
And a trial fit of the roll bar

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
By tha way, it is an S-10 roll bar that fits the Colorado perfectly

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In the ballpark

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
temporary mock-up

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Look's good Larry.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Regan, I expected it to be more reserved, but the fact that I have shortened the wheel base about two inches is obvious. I will relax about it for now and wait until it is on the ground at ride height before passing judgement. The ladder bar crossmember is still just tacked in so I can easily adjust the "look." That is a 29 x 10 tire for mockup and I do plan to run a slightly larger tire.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Larry,

Why did you shorten it 2" to start with?

also - I have not had any luck with motor core search, still looking.

Ken

KEGRACING - DOING IT THE POOR BOY WAY! PONTIAC with a BowTie... for now!
2017 TX Motorplex No E Track Champion

Posts: 21 | Location: Red Oak, TX | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ken, it was an experiment. I most likey will shuffle the wheel base slighty to best fit the body opening. Too soon to tell just now. Once I have the axles in hand and can bolt everything up it will be a better test. Mocking up with blocks of wood only gives a fellow a rough idea.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Larry,
Check your email.

Ken

KEGRACING - DOING IT THE POOR BOY WAY! PONTIAC with a BowTie... for now!
2017 TX Motorplex No E Track Champion

Posts: 21 | Location: Red Oak, TX | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The "Rado" will be a cool drag truck.

Larry Woodfin