DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best Website for GM Parts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Website for GM Parts?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted
In terms of favorable pricing, are there any dealer or other websites that offer any discounted prices? Back in the day I had a shop account with the local Chevy dealer, and they took good care of me.
For pickup and car repair parts, Rock Auto has been my go-to if not in a hurry, they usually sell genuine GM parts at the best prices I have found. Like Knock Sensors, they sell the real deal for half the price of generic auto parts store knockoff junk. But sometimes they don't list or carry certain parts.
If I google search, I find a long list of sites with names like "gmpartsonline", "gmpartscenter", etc. I suspect most of them aren't affiliated with GM at all, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as they have real GM parts at good prices.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Looking for body and interior stuff now, pickups all within the past 10-11 year models. Working on an '08, an '18, and a 2016. Dealers are outrageous on some of the stuff. Makes me think I better take real good care of my 2015, Eek (or go back to an older one - I loved my '02 HD2500, still the best vehicle out of the 34 I've owned, as far as build quality and mechanical design).

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I loved my '02 HD2500, still the best vehicle out of the 34 I've owned, as far as build quality and mechanical design

A LOT of things have changed at Government Motors since 2002.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Scoggin-****ey.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
jim that was my suggestion also,try scoggins and ****ey,and find a corporate account you can buy under

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Go to sites like GM parts online and get your part numbers. Then check ebay, there's a lot of NOS and dealers selling on there. Best prices I've found and you can still cheat the tax man and get free shipping.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to sites like GM parts online and get your part numbers.

Thanks for sharing that lead, it just helped me out.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I thought every drag racer had a buddy at a GM dealership that always took care of them?

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I look them up myself on AC Delco's website and then buy them off of Amazon.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post