DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hilborn shotgun injector anyone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hilborn shotgun injector anyone
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Need to know the center to center measurement for Hilborn shotgun style injector for project.

Called hilborn but everyone's at PRI until Monday/ Snow coming in and wanted to work n this some this weekend. If know measurement or maybe some who has injector and could get info let me know.

Thanks

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Are you talking where it mounts to the blower or manifold?

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
sorry my bad. I need butterf;y center to center. Short of it .I am making a injector using shotgun shaft. Have plate to machine it out of.Do not have shaft on hand to get measurements off of. Need to know how much material between flys. I figure its close to width of bearings.Not sure if bearing is same width as those in enderle birdcatcher. I know shaft size and size of bearing bore.

If you know either center to center od width of material between flys it would be great.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I could wait and probably should.lack of patients is life long thing.LOL Shaft is 2 weeks out and few other piece to work on after this part,but need this part to work with.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Reinventing is always a long pothole filled road.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not really reinventing just making a time proven design work for me i different way. Going for lot lower while also narrower than my birdcatcher and little less opening area than a D ported bird. Hey how much air does a 540 inch motor really need? Pretty sure two 5 1/4" holes can provide more than enough.If not this design can always be two D ported openings.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
I assume you know that 2 5.250" butterflies flow more air than a Bird and slightly less than a Buzzard.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yes but less than a bird that's been d ported. Plus going to probably start with 4.75 and allow room for bigger igf feel need. Just used the 5.25 because I think thats what shotguns where.Might be 5" don't remember.The more than enough comment was a joking thing. Wouldn't mind a hilborn shotgun injector but cost if just crazy IMO.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
on that engine a bird or buzzard will be fine. Use whatever you have.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not really building this deal for have to have to run. I can and will run car with bird and current sheetmetal intake I have. I do want this deal on car for cpl reasons.Mainly because regardless what some have said about a FED as bracket car it was built mainly for running bracket with some flexibility to run other. I need to see freaking front wheels and leaning to side at 140 to 150 just seems stupid. Lowering whole deal 4" and reducing width probably 4 to 5 will help a ton in that department. Being different don't hurt,most of the time.

Oh yea and looks cool IMO and that's HUGE part of it.

Dave thanks for all the input very much appreciated.

Oh yea for my fans( thats funny) this is in noway holding up car running or purchase of trailer to get it to the track. Ok disclaimer covered

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
I have worked on several injections where the hat was attached to a blower manifold.
It doesn't get much shorter than that.
These were usually for FED cars with improved vision being the primary reason. All ran well.

I even mounted a Shotgun on a single 4 bbl manifold for one customer with a door car.
I forget the reason but it worked out .