DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Powerglide Shifter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powerglide Shifter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Are there any shifters out there like the pro bandit or elite outlaw but with a front exit cable? I have a pro stick currently but would like something that has an integral newer style (12v activation to shift) electric solenoid mount.

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a 25 year old Hurst Quarter stick w/ 25 year old Dixie Electric shift solenoid, it's front exit.

If I buy a new shifter, it'll be the same with pistol grip. Works perfect, mechanism design slightly smoother/ easier than B&M.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Precision performance products shifter, M&M shifter.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Precision performance products shifter, M&M shifter.

They offer it in an electric solenoid style with front exit cable?

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have had 2 of the Precision Performance Products shifters and you could not give me another one. Total Junk. They hung up and would not shift once in a while.

I really like my Biondo Outlaw Quarter Pro shifter but it is a rear exit cable and OP was wanting front exit. The B & M Pro Bandit is also decent but not as good as the Outlaw Quarter Pro and it to is a rear exit if I remember right.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Look at the #SN5000 and bracket. It goes under a Hurst Quarter stick [front exit] works just fine. http://www.shifnoid.com/produc...ml#electric_shifters

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1831 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
For now my home made tube shifter. Idea from Neil and Parks. Design mostly mine seems to work fine. Cost about ten bucks and cpl hours. Had to make two as first was not quite right. LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
All of PPP Shifters for glides can be front or rear cable exit and air or electric shift

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post