DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bill Bader Jr made the news..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Bader Jr made the news..
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he never said when

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I read that he didn't give a date even though he wanted to because he wanted to give his sponsors a chance to gear up for it.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
he never said when

Exactly, Its a positive for drag racing but I think it has been twisted around to make it more than it is. Also he said the track is still winterized and it will take 30 days to get it ready to race on once he decides to open.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well a track in the hills of Pa is near ready to go and plans to open in 14 days.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well a track in the hills of Pa is near ready to go and plans to open in 14 days.

And ?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
he never said when

He said on the news today June

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Numidia is the track.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You have to check out this thread:

https://classracer.com/classfo...owthread.php?t=76008

How about the guy that called him a "Greedy Track Owner"?

I don't know what is so hard about staying home if you feel unsafe and just leaving it at that.Nobody forces anybody to leave their house,or attend a drag race.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Dave,

Numidia is the track.

Oh, now I understand.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
How about the guy that called him a "Greedy Track Owner"?
I don't know what is so hard about staying home if you feel unsafe and just leaving it at that.Nobody forces anybody to leave their house,or attend a drag race.

exactly! Bet you he's a dem!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you attend a race any time soon, leave your phone in the tow vehicle. That is how the police are tracking social distancing violations.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I haven't raced for a while but unless things have changed, social distancing at a dragstrip shouldn't be too hard. Dragsters are how long? door cars are how long? the lanes are how far apart? pit spots are how big? as long as people don't congregate in big groups distancing shouldn't be a problem. I say let them all open may 1st . if people don't want to go,don't go. we know the stands won't be full of spectators at a bracket race. I know that's a different story when it comes to national and divisional events,but that's the NHRA'S problem to deal with. For the independent track owners though that depend on the gates opening to survive I say let them open.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
If you attend a race any time soon, leave your phone in the tow vehicle. That is how the police are tracking social distancing violations.

Truth. A track owner got a call from the local town saying there were people on the grounds too close together and that can't happen!

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
So if Bill does open this could set a precedent for other tracks. Two things will happen:

1. The powers that be will shut him down and not allow it.

2. They will let him be if he has a plan to keep people safe, while the powers that be monitor what goes on and accept the plan as safe, or stop it in the middle of an event for violations. Either way, this could set the precedent for tracks thru out the country.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post