DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    If you're into 23 sbc's, you may appreciate this start up...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you're into 23 sbc's, you may appreciate this start up...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MIKE
Examples like this is why i stay humble and never..ever brag about my stuff or my driving. Too many issues and or events that can arise out of the blue and make you...meaning anyone...look bad!!
You cant hide much anymore because so much is documented now on livestreams etc..
Enjoy the racing but stay humble.long way to fall if you constantly post how great you are!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
MIKE
Examples like this is why i stay humble and never..ever brag about my stuff or my driving. Too many issues and or events that can arise out of the blue and make you...meaning anyone...look bad!!
You cant hide much anymore because so much is documented now on livestreams etc..
Enjoy the racing but stay humble.long way to fall if you constantly post how great you are!!

I think in the current fake society we inhabit, people are hungry for bonafide speech. I don't drive this car or make the calls on it.

With that being said, you can be competitive in DXP Street 5.0's - 4.90's at the top levels. If I shared the pieces in this engine while claiming we expected it would run 5.20's, that wouldn't be humble, it would be phony / fake.

It's a little different for an engine builder, an engine builder has a dial in, in mind as he's assembling an engine, based on any given engines latent potential for power. It's a bonafide genuine dial in, the same as yours when you pull in the lanes, based on experience.

I've always dial'd in before I get to the track, engine on the stand during assembly. Just to challenge myself.

That's all it is, a dial in. When you dial in doesn't matter, you're either right or wrong, everyone knows it anyway by how many times you win vs. amount of entry's.

Trust me there's plenty of evidence from this trip to SGMP, my dial in for this car is more than good.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike do you have good ground on the motor and the NOS system? Just something to look at. I feel as though it is something easy to fix if you can find it. At least you have the guts to try that race. Smile Good luck Smile

Must've been the noise filter, put new noise filter on it and showed up at Lights Out without a single test run all year and qualified off the trailer , in the #6 slot.

The blue 66 Chevy II is now onto the Semi-Final round in DXP Street at Lights Out SGMP.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Must've been the noise filter, put new noise filter on it and showed up at Lights Out without a single test run all year and qualified off the trailer , in the #6 slot.

The blue 66 Chevy II is now onto the Semi-Final round in DXP Street at Lights Out SGMP.

Nice! clapping

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Nice! clapping

Yes Sir, Thank you.

A little more fun this go around.

There was no time to test or even go to the track after jacknifing the trailer on the way home last trip. Truck, hitch, trailer everything got damaged.

They wanted to buy my truck but ended up getting one just like it, white even. So they have a proper truck to tow their trailer which is a big trailer IMO, I like a small lightweight trailer. But they're good now, he says it rolls down the highway like nothing is attached.

Things are going much better.

We'll see who knows, maybe he'll make it to the final for all his effort. It would be nice!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cortina core 9" converter gonna slip zero or close to zero at 8400 - 8500 rpm's, when the NOS DXP cheater plate is up to speed.

Luv this converter PTC tuned up for DXP Street. Needs 75 hp to be right.