DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    weather stations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

weather stations?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Unless I am reading it wrong, Alta lab only senses relative humidity and not water grains which is critical for running methanol. correct me if I am wrong.

I am liking the Computech cloud trailer unit

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Unless I am reading it wrong, Alta lab only senses relative humidity and not water grains which is critical for running methanol. correct me if I am wrong.

I tend to lean a little more on Dew Point than Grains, but it is essentially the same thing. Anyway, my Altalab tells me both.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
family Software and Davis weather station.

Bob is INCREDIBLE to deal with and without a doubt I would buy again. I had a problem with the weather station - no cause of BObs and he answered the phone promptly, and helped me trouble shoot it at the track on Saturday. and got it going but there was a loose wire...he next day aired me a replacement and all was good. Again this was not his fault.

Accuracy is very good and easy to use. Really like a few of the features it offers....pages to my cell phone with a 50dollar hotspot from verizon. And best of all it can do 4 cars and we run 3. And lastly - NO YEARLY FEES like others. All updates are free.

One day I called Bob about a 2minute question - we spent amost an hour on the phone and it was great. He looked at the consistency of my car...offering all sorts of info. Finally, I said, Bob I need to let you go I feel horrible that Ive had you tied up for so long.

Those sort of conversations usually never happen with suppliers.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1435 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you plan to buy a program with the weather station, do your research. There are certain companies who promise the world until the check clears. Then there of no help!

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Several months ago my Alta Lab Weather Station pager died when a new battery didn’t fix the problem I called them to get it repaired. They sent me a loaner at no charge while mine was being repaired. That is typical of the way they have treated me over the years, the customer is their number one priority. Sort of a rarity in today’s society but certainly one more reason I will be a customer for life.

Don and Michele Higgins at Crew Chief has always treated me the same way, always available (even when he is racing) and always helpful. Another customer for life.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For someone who doesn't need predictions, the Kestral handheld is hard to beat for price and accuracy. The big thing is finding a place to keep it for consistent readings throughout the day. Kestral fixed a self induced problem I had with mine free of charge. And their turn around was quite reasonable.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
For someone who doesn't need predictions, the Kestral handheld is hard to beat for price and accuracy. The big thing is finding a place to keep it for consistent readings throughout the day. Kestral fixed a self induced problem I had with mine free of charge. And their turn around was quite reasonable.

x2 I have the newer kestrel 5100 with Bluetooth link and weather vane mount. Put it up on a painters pole and it works great.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

x2 I have the newer kestrel 5100 with Bluetooth link and weather vane mount. Put it up on a painters pole and it works great.

I didn't know, and I like that!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:

Altalab was the FIRST weather station to display grains of water, 25 or so years ago.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
You have to watch out for the Kestrel systems in direct sunlight. Since they don't have fan aspiration the temp can climb in direct sunlight.

They are waterproof which is a plus. I dropped one into a jug of gasoline and it was fine once it dried....

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:
quote:

Altalab was the FIRST weather station to display grains of water, 25 or so years ago.

Like I said correct me if I am wrong, when I read the sensor description on there website it said relitive humidity, says nothing about water grains.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mine shows grains.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:
You have to watch out for the Kestrel systems in direct sunlight. Since they don't have fan aspiration the temp can climb in direct sunlight.

They are waterproof which is a plus. I dropped one into a jug of gasoline and it was fine once it dried....

That is certainly true. You kind of have to pick a spot where it won't see direct sun all day.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo