DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Quck Time flexplates anyone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quck Time flexplates anyone
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Anyone running Quick Time flexplate. Looking to replace JW I have in car and pretty much all negative reply's about them. With my feet being just behind bellhousing that's a concern.

Quick Times are cheaper and that's concern. But lots of stuff needed right now and just want to get some time on car.Got to tune combo and the old **** in the seat. Yes buying twice cost more in long run,but it is what it is right now.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about that brand in particular, but I've always used cheap <$100 flexplates and have never had an issue with one.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have never used anything w/o a issue,hell might be me.LMAO

I know one guy running aluminum flexplate he had made for his combo because its odd ball. I advised against it but helped him out anyway. Then I prayed it don't come back to bite him. Not sure that will help with my connection in that department.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Meziere billet and don't look back. They make one just for the Hemi

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Meziere is ideally what I want. 450 to 750 depending and don't think my little 540 ci injected Hemi needs the big bad pro mod version. Now if anyone has a nostalgia 6-71 they want tested let me know before I buy.LOL

I also want to get to track. Restart cost is killing me. Guess having just made half the money spent in previous racing deal I never kept up with nor cared about cost. Making 2 to 3 times money at that time did not hurt a thing.

I think it have temporary fix for now and going to add Meziere plate to list of things for next year. Along with new GRP rods,isky lifters,bigger and lighter pistons and finish trailer I hopefully get put into to service soon as half done but useable.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Meziere isn't spaced right, at least the regular one I bought. The flexplate bolts directly to the crank and the spacer bolts to the back with countersunk allen heads, and the starter needs to be moved quite a ways back. But again, I use the 130 tooth one.

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
JW works same way and starter block is already built for it. Worked fine other than kickback and breaking tooth.Again I can not say its flywheels fault. But with all the negative comments on JW's flexplates I figure why chance it.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
If you are already setup for a JW I would just buy their one piece billet version, it's a direct replacement for their other flexplates. Just bolt it on and FAGETABOUTIT.

That's all I've ever used going on over 10 years with the same flexplates on both our cars.
Just send them in for a re-cert every few years....DONE.

I get ya about the $$$ BUT you will only need to BUY ONE, ONCE.

ESPECIALLY since you will be basically SITTING ON IT.
Big Grin

Saw a 2 piece Chevy flexplate come apart at the Epping National a few weeks ago.
Wasn't pretty, happened at the top end, it took out the trans pan and a slick, put trans fluid ALL over the car and track (NHRA wasn't happy).

Power Tool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pentastarrail,

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
More worried about Chris not being happy in that situation. Hopefully LMAO