DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    gooseneck trailer frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gooseneck trailer frame
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking to build a trailer @32ft in length with a gooseneck. I may want to just buy a frame to begin with and am looking at approximate cost and where to buy a unit with (2) 5200# axles. Any recommendations of any near Southern Oklahoma.

Posts: 74 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
You building it with aluminum?

My 30ft Goose with car and tools is right at 12K. I only have two 6000# axles. You better do three!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So I am not only one crazy enough to be building trailer?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
On my 44,by my choice. i converted the goose neck to a 5th wheel. Therefore the front load pin area has a wider span sitting on a plate instead of a center ball taking shock waves the length of the unit and possible structure issues. I have seen some goose necks with a air ride system installed similar to this.

http://www.airsafehitches.com/gooseneck-hitch/

Pretty creative i would say possibly save the structure of the trailer or putting it a minimum.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I have had a cody hitch for about 20 years now.. They seem to work well..

Cody Hitch

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I guess I never thought I had any "abuse" going on with my gooseneck trailer and hitch. Hmmmm.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post