Find
Notify
Tools

Stinnet 1050
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted
Just curious if anyone knows what air bleeds and jets on 1200 hp BBC 12 degreee.Good starting point? 8896 converted to 2 circut.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
What came in it? Why only a 1050 for 1200 HP? What fuel?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
1050 is not enough carb i think.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Just what i have.More power than i need.89 jets not sure about air bleeds.Reher-Morrison 1200hp single 4 583 only comes with 1150. Sunoco supreme. Just 9.90 racing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DANGERBOY,

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sounds a little lean to me but lots smarter guys on here so maybe they’ll have an answer.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Change the convertor...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
A 28 main air bleed to start, if you have an AFR meter on it you can look at RPM trend to see if you may need to adjust from there. Idle bleeds are entirely dependent on the particular carb body used, the variations in the castings can have the idle calibration all over the map from one to the next. I usually would start with a .040 idle jet in the lower position on the metering block, a .059 transition slot restriction for t-stop racing, and a .065 idle bleed. You will have to see from there how it performs. I've had as low as a .033 idle jet, .047 t-slot restriction, and a .078 idle bleed in one carb; up to .042 idle jet, .063 t-slot restriction, and .050's for idle bleed in others. T-slot size and location in the bodies, how air flows across the idle discharge and t-slots, and even casting flaws the HP carbs are famous for can make each one a challenge to tune. I've built identical Dominators for tunnel rams, and had to tune each one a little different when testing individually....

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Call Gary Stinnett or Gary Heuer at #1 Stops, he works with Stinnett Carbs.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post