DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    adjusting shocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

adjusting shocks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I need some advice on adjusting shocks on my dragster. When the car moves off the line the shocks need to extend, so do you need the valve for the extension strong or a little weak.Then when the car gets going down track the shocks start to go back in so how does that part need to be adjusted,strong or weak. I would really appreciate some help, I have heard all kinds of way to adjust them.

Posts: 36 | Location: corona, ca | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
start off 50% on both. Try to run the compression as tight as you can get it depending on roughness of the track. Only time I mess with the compression is when I am on a ROUGH track, then I will loosen it as little as possible. Then only move the extension for track conditions. Usually, on a slick track you want a softer extension, and on a sticky track you want the extension tighter. Only time I mess with the compression is when I am on a ROUGH track.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Jeremiah for the response, It will help me a lot. Your explanation was a lot plainer than the ones you read on the internet.

Posts: 36 | Location: corona, ca | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post