DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Any Ford tech here i need help!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Ford tech here i need help!!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
BCM might be going bad, it will show itself a lot as a defective or dead battery. It also can be a real pain as it will not always provide you any related codes. Depending on the cost of a BCM part (and usually programming), the vehicle might not be worth it.

Yea i dunno man realist the car maybe worth 3k trade in.. They won't sell the car because they don't want someone else having to deal with this ****. Known issue from 2009 with these cars really pisses me off Ford never fixed this crap to start with..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
BCM might be going bad, it will show itself a lot as a defective or dead battery. It also can be a real pain as it will not always provide you any related codes. Depending on the cost of a BCM part (and usually programming), the vehicle might not be worth it.

Yea i dunno man realist the car maybe worth 3k trade in.. They won't sell the car because they don't want someone else having to deal with this ****. Known issue from 2009 with these cars really pisses me off Ford never fixed this crap to start with..

This is make or break for ya. You better quit fark'n around and put a Moroso cutoff switch on it, or a hand crank! LoL

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post

Haven't had a dead battery since I put one of these on every vehicle that I don't drive every day.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1636 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I would disconnect the alternator while it sits - see what happens.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Haven't had a dead battery since I put one of these on every vehicle that I don't drive every day.

It sounds like they drive it regularly, it just doesn't start regularly!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mavman may be on target. I have an F250 that had a similar problem. After a lot of money and no fix a very sharp tech discovered that the wiring harness connectors were loose and causing a combination of heat, ergo causing a short in the system. The connector harness was from the IDM to the FICM. His fix was simple and inexpensive. His only comment was that who ever designed and engineered that harness design was an F'ing idiot as the location directly over the valve cover allowed the heat to eventually cause the connector to fail from excessive heat sink.

Just a suggestion to look at.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post