DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    electric tongue jack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

electric tongue jack
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
my 22 yr old hand crank jack has died going to upgrade to electric looking at the husky 4500. seems guys have had good luck with them any other options out there not looking to spend 800 for electric hydro at this time.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chinese JUNK!

If you can't afford an Equalizer Hydraulic jack then the best electric is Barker but still no comparison to an Equalizer.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
My trailer was well used and abused before I bought it and it has a Barker trailer jack on it. Still works like brand new.
I saw someone said their electric wasn't strong. I can just about lift the back tires of my 3/4 ton truck off of the ground when I raise it up when attached. I had a rear flat on the truck one night. Used the trailer jack to lift it all and then my race jack to lift the trucks's axle and change the tire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eman,

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
the big foot jscks are a good option,i use the smaller one

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Had an electric on my trailer....never again. Equalizer hydraulic on it now, not even a fair comparison....money well spent....

My buddy Danny put one of the Huskys on his, 4500 lb. electric. Would barely lift the tongue enough to connect the hitch. He has way less than that on the tongue.....Talked him into a hydraulic......He's got one now too....

I won't ever again waste my money on an electric tongue jack for any trailer...hydraulic all the way.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My barker was never real impressive, but I did bend it a little one of the first times I used it. Was getting worse and worse, about to give up on it. Then, I was using it at night and noticed some arcing around the mounting bolts. Ran a dedicated ground wire to the motor and it’s 10 times better.

I wonder how many guys struggle because they ground through the mount and the mount isn’t a very good ground?

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Stick with the hand jack and save up money for an equalizer. It was worth every penny over the junk electric jack I had before. If I sold my trailer I'd replace the Equalizer and keep it for my next trailer.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
On level ground my old electric isn't really an issue. But I back up a hill to the shop, and chock it before letting the truck roll forward. Still the side loading on the jack will make it work hard.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
Stick with the hand jack and save up money for an equalizer. It was worth every penny over the junk electric jack I had before. If I sold my trailer I'd replace the Equalizer and keep it for my next trailer.

this is the plan

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
My Attwood is about 16 years old, 1 motor replacement. Most complains about jacks come from guys that race dragsters and have to jack the tongue real high to get the car out, and the jack cant do it. An average 28 foot trailer will do just fine with an electric,providing it has proper size feed wire, good ground and a good battery. Any one of those is not up to par, the jack is at fault.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got one of these a few years ago and I'm very happy with it https://www.campingworld.com/t...AvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More Chinese junk

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Also very happy with Husky 4500.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my Equalizer. It is only a little more pricy than a good electric but works so much better and faster. I have mine about 3 years and has been trouble free.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I got a Husky 4500 maybe 7 years ago and it has worked great. Plus the tongue weight on my trailer is stupid heavy and it has not had any issues.

I would not hesitate to buy another if I needed one.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again...chinese junk

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I had a flawless Barker 3500 on my tag trailer and put an Equalizer 17K single ram on my gooseneck with no problems.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post