DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BCM Body Control module on SS HHR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BCM Body Control module on SS HHR
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
I suspect the BCM on my SS HHR is bad. Does anyone know much about it?
1. Do the have to be flashed by dealer?
2. How do you know if it is bad?
3. Is that a common problem?

Car is a 2010 and in good shape but when you start it there are several codes, TCM, traction control, and if I program the key fobs battery is dead next morning.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Funny but the second time today I heard about a possible BCM issue. And yes a replacement needs to be programmed to match the vehicle it is put in.

Thing is, I am not sure that's what you're dealing with here. You might want to read up on Passlock. more and more I keep hearing about it causing a lot of strange problems. Because it is a security system, GM refuses to disconnect it but you can find information how-to's on the 'net. Good luck.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The codes that come up are "Service Traction", SERVICE ESC, SERVICE AIR BAG and from what I can tell those are under BCM.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The messages don't have anything to do with the BCM. Service Traction, and Service ESC are from the EBCM (electronic brake control module), and service air bag is from the SDM(sensing and diagnostic module). It may have a BCM problem causing these messages to display with no problems in the other modules but without more information it's simply a guess.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post