DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    245 4 link dragster power?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

245 4 link dragster power?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted
Made a deal on a new 245 4 link dragster that I will be picking up next week. Question is has anyone run one successfully with a small block? I have a 400 with 18 degree brodix heads that makes about 750hp. Was looking to run S/C but I see most 4 link cars with big blocks.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
You can do it with a small block, most important parts are tires and converter. See a lot of people over tire a small block car and fight it.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My 23 degree 406 was great super comp'ing. Alky toilets. 7.90's off the stop.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6382 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you run SC only you likely can get away with running a bigger tire than needed but if run without the stop, as Ken stated, it won't be consistent with big tires that the BBC cars use. Then the tail wags the dog!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
don't be skeered of a 5.00 gear, loose converter, and a little bubba, or 10.5x33.5

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I have some interest in people wanting my small block so for now the new car will sit powerless. IF it sells plans are to build a 598 or bigger BBC.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post