New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladder bar help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Hey guys just need some advice. It's a 68 camaro ladder bar, a arm car. Weighs 2350 no driver with 49% on the rear and 51% to the front. Motor is a 427 BBC roughly 650hp. Last year footbraking leaving at 3k and running 6.30s with a 4.30 gear and front of the ladder bar in the lowest hole it ran great. Didn't squat much and barely any daylight under the front tires but it worked great. Obviously we knew the gear was killing it so this winter we were going to go with a 4.88 but had an old 5.13 laying around so we figured we'd try that. Took it out for tandt yesterday and it's hitting the tires way too hard but still barely any wheelie. First pass at 7.75 lbs in rear it shook the tires hard all the way down the track but dead hooked. Only ran a 6.26. Next pass went to 8.5 lbs. And shook when it hooked at the line but drove better down track. What direction should I be heading to lighten the hit on the tire? I've read a lot of conflicting responses everywhere and I'm already in the bottom hole of the ladder bar bracket

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't know what tire or size your using but Id go up to at least to 10psi

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry it's a mickey Thompson 32-14

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I stand by my recommendation with my ladder bar cars more tire psi until it spins equals faster ets and stabilaty

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is it a strut front end?

Additional tire pressure is traction.

Raise the bar. Loosen the rebound, tighten the compression if you have D/A damper/shocks for shake according to the fundamentals for additional wheel speed. Let air out of tires. limit front end travel.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It is an a arm front end. I will definitely go up on the tire pressure though

James Stringer

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamey2632:
It is an a arm front end. I will definitely go up on the tire pressure though

Cool, If it shakes loosen rebound, tighten compression. Let a little air out of the tires. It'll act like a ball bouncing off the ground to get it spinning. To keep it round. Capeche?

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post