1050 dominator
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Too small to on my 598v

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
I had a 1150 on a 565, took it off and tried a 1050, went just as fast and more consistent. I think the only way you will know for sure is try a couple different sizes.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I tried two different 1050’s on my 582, the first was a 8896 and the second was a 9375 both worked about the same, both were very consistent. I then borrowed a Quick Fuel 1150 and then a APD 1250, the car was considerably faster with the APD 1250, (just like the 1050’s it was very consistent).

Not every combination will produce the same results, some cars might actually be faster, or quicker with the smaller 1050 carb. There are a lot of variables that can effect the results, it’s a matter of experimenting to discover which one works the best.

Bob

Posts: 3073 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
There are so many variables then just “engine size”, for some examples head flow, intake flow, exhaust flow, exhaust revision, camshaft..ect. The one thing I look at is the pressure drop in the intake at peak HP. As a general rule if you have greater than - .5 inhg at peak HP then you can benefit from a larger carb.

If you think about it, the intake is the one place you can “see” what the engine wants, vs what the carburetor is able to give it.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
What fuel? What heads and intake?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I wanna say its a bb3 rec 380, and 2017 or 2027 manifold. alky

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
With methanol a 1050 is usually best, to go bigger and gain anything a custom body is usually needed.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my APD alcohol 1250 with skirted boosters on my 565. I was borrowing a stock body APD 1050. Car went from 7.69 to 7.57 when I put the 1250 on.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post