DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    reason not to have staggered front wheels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reason not to have staggered front wheels?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Just reading another post and a question was asked about staggering front wheels. I have always built cars with as much stagger as was allowed.Even my Nova had staggered front. Just thought most did this,maybe its just old school or a heads up thing.
Any reason you would not want staggered front other than stock front suspension where I can see it would bot be that easily done? Just curious.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Just reading another post and a question was asked about staggering front wheels. I have always built cars with as much stagger as was allowed.Even my Nova had staggered front. Just thought most did this,maybe its just old school or a heads up thing.
Any reason you would not want staggered front other than stock front suspension where I can see it would bot be that easily done? Just curious.

Kind of obvious,,, any Super class requiring quick car reaction times.....

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you stagger the front wheels it will save you hundreds of dollars on a delay box.
Hey that's a new project for you Chris...make a front end with adjustable stagger for reaction times in the no-box classes.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakehp,

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
If you stagger the front wheels it will save you hundreds of dollars on a delay box.
Hey that's a new project for you Chris...make a front end with adjustable stagger for reaction times in the no-box classes.....

Our halfscale jr dragster has adjustable stagger. It is slick!
But as said, if you are an old man and playing on a pro tree, you may be in trouble if you can't get down on the light.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Will have yo be on back burner for while I have a list longer than my____.

Oh yea arm is word I looking for.

Bad or good thing about deer hunting it gives me time to think up wild **** to design .

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post