Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trans Brake Wiring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trans Brake Wiring
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Is there any way to wire a car for box and no box to use the line lock so the car doesn't roll while staging and also be able to use the trans brake to use reverse? The only way I can think of doing it is having another switch to arm/disarm the line lock. Let me know of your thoughts

Posts: 60 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When i ran a line lock in conjunction with my trans brake I wired a micro switch on the shifter that would only allow the LL to work when the car was in low gear. That way I can back up with pro brake and not have to worry about LL getting in the way. No switches to remember to flip either.

Stephen Liss jr

Byron Dragway 2014 S/Pro champ #1 fan

Posts: 301 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, some high tech method is most likely available, yet I stay with old-timey and simple. My setup is a toggle, one position is burnout [trans brake off] other position is race [both line lock and trans brake active] The toggle is mounted near the trans brake button and labeled in case I have a brain fade.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1160 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
This ^ using dbl pole 3 position switch is what I did. Some times simple is just perfect.

http://www.schooledbyscotty.com/
Only the stupid know too much to learn something new.
Chris McBride

deplorables saving america one vote at a time

Posts: 1032 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thinking about it some more it could be done with two diodes...

Posts: 60 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted Hide Post
Diodes....yes, works great. No switch to think about or forget. YESS

Posts: 15 | Location: rougemont,nc | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Diodes....yes, works great. No switch to think about or forget.

I don't run a box but use diodes to tie in the line lock. I got a bunch of them off ebay for really cheap. They are rated 15 amp and used somehow for solar panels.

Get a sheet of paper, lay out the circuits and figure where the current needs to flow in one direction. That's where the diode goes. They will have a stripe on the end that indicates the direction of flow. Stripe is on the end where the power comes out but not in.

I agree about switches. Grandpa doesn't need anything else to remember not to forget. LOL

Posts: 220 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
OR...

Just fix the trans so it doesn’t rock & roll when the transbrake is engaged.

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

Support our President! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

< FOR SALE v

Posts: 9332 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
^^^Agreed^^^

Posts: 131 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Francisco:

With 2 diodes you’d still need a second TB reverse push button also.

Posts: 646 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we added another switch in shifter that mounts on top of neutral safety to energize trans brake to back up in reverse .its like a back up light switch . works great on pro brake so you don't have to push button to back up.

Posts: 10 | Location: Odessa,Texas | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:

Care to tell me what's wrong with it ? I've searched and searched only finding others with the same issue but no definitive cause or remedy. TH 350 with Hipster brake. I'll be pulling it apart over the winter and welcome a way to remedy.

I have found that bringing the RPM up to around 2500 before releasing the foot brake seems to lock it so I suspect it may be a line pressure issue.

Posts: 220 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:

Correct. I have a push button for reverse.

DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Francisco:

I don't use a line lock at all anymore, even for the burnout, but for years I'd back up with the line lock engaged. Just knew that I'd need to release the button to have brakes.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2381 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I don't use a line lock at all anymore, even for the burnout, but for years I'd back up with the line lock engaged. Just knew that I'd need to release the button to have brakes.

With the correct model line lock you will still have brakes with the line lock energized and your foot off the brake. This type allows brake fluid to flow toward the brake calipers even when energized.

Posts: 646 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:

With the correct model line lock you will still have brakes with the line lock energized and your foot off the brake. This type allows brake fluid to flow toward the brake calipers even when energized.

Was your post concerning the need for a second 'reverse' button related to brakes? That was my assumption. Otherwise, I can't see the need.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2381 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
OR...

Both my t350 from rossler rolled some after staging. Drove me nuts but it was a consistent roll. Spoke to carl on several occasions and would bring it up in discussion and he said that is the way they are. He said a glide won't.

Eventually got a glide from him and it doesn't move. No other changes.

Configuration: 3350#, 555 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.69@ 123MPH
1/4 - 9.03& 152MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1167 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We made about 800 runs with a Coan T350 and it NEVER rolled front or back. Nothing trick, I think trans was $1800 with the valve body and some stronger parts. Call Coans and you won't need a line lock to hold the transbrake.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.
www.ETDragRacing.com bracket racers magazine

Posts: 865 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post