New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier C1550
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I’m new to the Hoosiers on my dragster. How often are y’all rotating tires?

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What’s that....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
We rotate ours 25-30 runs. Not mandatory, just depends on how hard your car is on them.

Whomp don't rotate his flopys because they need changed every 90 or so anyways Wink

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
We rotate ours 25-30 runs. Not mandatory, just depends on how hard your car is on them.

Whomp don't rotate his flopys because they need changed every 90 or so anyways Wink

From your comment I assume you me the Two Letter Tires, which BTW have well over 200 passes on my TD/bracket car that has many sub 1 second sixty foot times!
Just saying...….

I'll add this too, if the new Hoosier tires are anywhere near as good as the ones I run, A - it's about time and B - that's a good thing since competition is a good thing.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
M/T told me not necessary but doesn’t hurt. Pretty sure Roy @ the Hoosier truck told me the same before I switched to M/T. I usually do it when I change the oil so 25-30 runs. My wife’s car sometimes gets some feathering on the inside of the tread and rotating them makes it go away.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have the c1500s with 29 runs, no feathering, I have not rotated them and have no plans too

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I ain't ever rotated the slicks on my dragster with Hoosier's C2055 compound, with the BR3 compound and have no intentions of rotating the slicks now on my dragster with the C1550 compound.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I never take them off just to rotate them, but when ever I have them off to clean the back of the car or service the brakes I swap them.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I rotate my MT's every pass!!!!!!!!!!! and in the pits too!! Laughing Hard

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Todd Bone Ewing wins $25k Saturday at Huntsville Dragway on the 1550's. .997 - 1.00 60's

Obviously we know that track is good but I also know him and Langdon had options and didn't go to them.

Wink

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Never rotated mine but i will say every time a set is done.... the right side shows cords, left appears like it has life left, that is every time. I'm running the Hoosier 30 X 9 Radial Slick C06, average over 300 runs/set.

Posts: 14 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with Billy on this one. I only rotate them if I take them off to service the brakes or clean the back of the car.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How does the c1550 compare in growth and rollout compared to the M/T 3195/3197?

Posts: 400 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: April 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I hate tire work.....they come off the car if I need to work on the brakes or put new ones on.....they rotate enough when the car is in gear!!!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
C1550 growth

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Ed, approx mph when photo was taken?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Langdon backed to backed them on 2 different cars and they out mph the other guys by .5 on both cars.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

1/8th mile racing so around 156

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

1/8th mile racing so around 156

You have too much slip, i can tell because the tires do not appear to be at full growth....lol

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard