DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Life span of a racing slick if kept out of sunlight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life span of a racing slick if kept out of sunlight.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry Estrogen Ed, Ain't gonna work. It's self evident the Ripper Nova won the race.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Felon mikey

You hear some people brag about not hiding behind a screen name. Wearing it as some kind of a badge of courage. But there are vengeful people with bad intent on the internet. I use to be of the no screen name school but have thought better of it over the years.

I got a citation in the mail for running a red light about 20 years ago. Smile

I hear ya though, it's the game of smear lefty's play when they can't make a logical argument when losing any debate.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Felon mikey, this forums biggest liar

and Bracket Talk too!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

What are we looking for here estrogen Ed?

Everyone already knows Rietow didn't hit the cone, it's self evident.

You keep bringing this up like I've got something to hide. I want people to see this, and to know about Bradenton using a fantasy story to put the wagon back in the race, 45 minutes after ruling it loser.

The fact Bradenton won't clarify the reason they put the wagon in the final rd after declaring it loser in the semi to the Nova 45 minutes earlier, is an admission of untrustworthy conduct by Bradenton Motorsports Park officials.

I got nothing to hide, I'm driving the winning car, the Nova, the car originally declared winner by the trustworthy call, validated self evident in photo's and video.

You're bringing YB here thinking you're smearing me, you're not, I'm in the winning car, the Nova.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am a truly budget basement bracket racer, and even I would not run 14 year old tires. I would only use tires like that to test fitment and/or for moving the car around the shop/yard. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/Z-1gItQTh4o

These tires are nearly ten years old. This is the second hit on a new sbc combo. Check out the tracks it leaves in the groove, behind the car.

You can see it skating around a little down track too. Not bad though, could've been the Thursday night test n tune prep. These were like 3-4 hundredths slow 60 ft from the new set we had on it next time out.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I am a truly budget basement bracket racer, and even I would not run 14 year old tires. I would only use tires like that to test fitment and/or for moving the car around the shop/yard. Take care. Tom Worthington

Of course you wouldn't because you are a smart guy.. If you can't afford tires that are not 14 years old this may not be the hobby for you...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I am not knocking you at all for wanting to save some money. I too, race on a tight budget and tires are expensive! But 14 years is REALLY old! At that age, consistency wouldn't be my biggest concern, safety would. If buying new is to tough to swing right now, I would do as suggested above. Find somebody with a set they're taking off. Even if they have 100 runs on them, they've got to be safer than tires 14 years old.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Joey Anderson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for yalls input! Off they will go. Was gonna end up doing it anyhow but thought it was worth asking. I will say this, I've never ran a Goodyear slick but they still hold air better than my Mickeys. lol

Posts: 37 | Location: Glennville GA | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Depending on usage and storage, they will last a long time or a short time.
Of course 14 years is a very long time, but I would try them on launches first while you get used to the car, and just to get a feel for doing burnouts. Make a bunch of 60-100 foot launches.
Tires will last depending on HP and storage.
Very high hp cars will wear out the sidewalls. Storage outside in sunlight will dry them out.
Enclosed trailers: dark, figure out how to jack them off the floor while sitting in the trailer.
Have a dehumidifier set up in the trailer (your engine will thank you)
I have 6 year old GY, 17x33, I got them with 60 passes with a light 1100 hp car. they still pick up pebbles and still provide 1.19 '60 @2800 5.0 door car.
No sidewall cracks, still sticky, hold air for a few months before the get to 4 psi from 10.
Jacked up, and dehumidifier runs when at home parked. I use the dehumidifier water in the engine cooling system, and it was still clear with a little rust after 3 years in the engine.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would not run those tires. They may work just fine and last for several more years, or they may blow and crash your car.........

Not worth the risk in my opinion.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
They may work just fine and last for several more years, or they may blow and crash your car........

Can't you just send them in and have them re-certified??? Fingers Cross

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post