DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Brake pressure test gauges??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brake pressure test gauges??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Brake pressure test gauges, what are you using? I've looked at a couple of different ones. I'd think hoses would make it a lot easier to use. Do you have bleeders on them?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have the one Strange makes. Screw it into the bleeder port on the caliper,no bleeding necessary. Need a helper to look at the gauge or set your cell phone to record a video while you push the brake pedal.

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We use the strange as well

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted Hide Post
I will look when I get home. Mine screws into the caliper so it takes 2 people. I believe the guage was about $60.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted Hide Post
Ssbc I believe is the brand comes with many adapters and is $47 from summit.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
I've looked at both of them. I'm sure I could add a hose if I needed. The SSBC does come with an assortment of adapters. I guess I'll have to see what sizes are most popular on factory calipers and wheel cyls.
On the SSBC I see it comes with a few adapters but no 1/4"-28 yet that is the size with the Strange gauge.
How good a quality is the SSBC, reviews said they were cheap plastic?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eman,

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wilwood has the screw-in style

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post