DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What’s the worst
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s the worst
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
looking cylinder wall you ever ran?

I jacked one up pretty bad this weekend. At any given point in the rotation, there might be one BB sized chunk missing. About 4-5 spots in the first inch coming off TDC.

If I can’t get a single replacement mahle piston it won’t matter. Mostly just curious. I feel like with some beat up stuff I’ve run in the past, this one wouldn’t hardly be noticeable.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
While not apple to apples. We ran one in a TA/D about 2 years ago that I swore would break every ring in it. Had grove half way around and was deep. Even told driver to do super easy burn out and stage car. Due to other drive shaking like fat woman in earthquake he ran it out thru 2 and lifted. Did not break anything. Amazed me. Sometimes those things that should never be run will work for little while.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post