DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Any reason I need a front anti-sway bar?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any reason I need a front anti-sway bar?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
Guys, is there any reason I should leave on the front anti-sway/anti-roll bar on my S-10 race truck? I never removed it when I converted the truck to a race-only configuration.

I left it on partly as a convenient place to loop axle straps for trailering. And partly for safety if I had to make some sudden, evasive maneuver (like an opponent crossing over into my lane in front of me).

I think removing it would make the front end lighter of course, and I could put more weight in the rear of the truck.

Thanks!

Posts: 338 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes remove it so the front end can travel easier
the truck needs atleast 5 inches of easy travel in order for it to hook.

2017 Modified Sumerduck dragway Champ
2015 SBRA Footbrake Points Champ
Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you are looking to move weight and battery is still up front then move it to rear, moving a 40 lb battery from front to rear is an 80 pound swing.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Ditch the front sway bar.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For drag raceing just remove the sway bar. All the reasons have been said. As far as tie down points, you can always bolt some hooks on the frame where the sway bar frame mounts are located. Holes are in place and threaded for you.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
You will see a huge improvement without it. Reduce weight and free up the front end at the same time.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys; I guess it's coming off then. ;^)

For tying down the truck for trailering, I may just use a pair of 'frame hooks' like towing companies use, which hook into holes on the side of the frame.

Posts: 338 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post