DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I am building a completely chineese dragster.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am building a completely chineese dragster.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Everyone says buy American,buy American!! I am fed up with the horrible service from 80 percent of us companies.
The lying,the bogus completion times.The taking of your money and not delivering the product.The arrogance.complete lack of communication after the money has been sent...all this and the quality is barely better than a part from asia!!

To prove a point i am going to build a top dragster completely made from asian parts.There will be no parts on this car from north america.Every part will be from china,philippines,tawain,korea and indonesia.I guarentee you i will get the parts i need from these countries faster than any in the usa.These parts will look identical to anything maufactured in america.
The parts will hold up the same or almost the same as any part made in america.It will be just as fast as any top dragster made with us made parts and at half the cost!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I can understand the frustration that drove you to this point.
But I DO hope you have every inch of that chassis tubing X-Rayed!

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1033 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
jim
if I went to the Philippines and told them the materials and specs I needed I bet they would build it dead nuts,and there would be 50 of them there assembling the thing.probably take them 2-3 days.
they want to work in these countries and you would be surprised how much pride a lot of them do take in their work.

sumtingwong here in America for sure.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
You might be able to pick up Harbor freight as a sponsor !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good luck Mike......lol....hope it all works out for ya.......I've always wanted to see a blown rikshaw in D1.......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
They would use Bamboo for tubing and tie it together with vines....

The body would be cured leaves

The engine would be a 2 stroke and smoke like a chimney.....and burn rice wine and soy sauce...

If you crash, you're toast....but that ain't likely at 20mph

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^hahaha^^^
ok these responses are very funny Smile

but I bet you all are very wrong and it can be done to everyones suprise

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
You'll have to get a helmet with just a small slit for the eye opening..................

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Do you have a craving for Fried Lice, you plick?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sure hope all these racers passed tech , some look to have out dated helmets......

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Man this is going to get good!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
You would be surprised how many times a storm came thru and knocked power out a one chassis shop back in the day with a car on order!! LOL

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, I've been doing this longer than most that post here and in my experience, it's a small number of companies whose customer service and communication sucks.

I'd like to know who these companies are, if not here, via PM.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Got it ed..
And speaking of harbor freight I am going to do this entire build with Asian made tools.I will not use any American made tools to build this dragster,which does meen many trips to harbor freight.
I can buy one wrench from snap on for 60 bucks or 3 of the same wrenches from harbor freight for 22.00.sure,two of them will break but they will still get the job done.I can even use my snap on 3 1/2 ton jack because it says ASSEMBLED in America.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
One of the worse I have dealt with, is Crower, Dave Crower on a crankshaft purchase and it's why I no longer run their stuff. But the worse I've dealt with is CFE, both Carl and Scott are liars.

The best I have done business with are Huntsville Racing Engines, Rossler Transmission, Todd's Extreme Paint, Biondo Racing Products and Tracy Dennis's Sunset Racecraft.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mikey, you are always complaining about something aren't you! You board up there in Buffalo? I hear its been cold and all there is to do is ICE FISH!
But you never hear any dear complaining about you and your driving!! Maybe its just you that all these American companies (Owned by dears)are striking back at you!!!! Laughing very hard

It's really not that hard!!!!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
One of the worse I have dealt with, is Crower, Dave Crower on a crankshaft purchase and it's why I no longer run their stuff. But the worse I've dealt with is CFE, both Carl and Scott are liars.

The best I have done business with are Huntsville Racing Engines, Rossler Transmission, Todd's Extreme Paint, Biondo Racing Products and Tracy Dennis's Sunset Racecraft.

Crower is bad on cranks vs time of delivery usually! CFE are crooks! LOL

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mikey, you are always complaining about something aren't you!

ya I don't want to sit in the snowbanks all winter like you!! I'm ready to race and now I have to pull out of events because of this bull s h I t

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
What tires you going to be using ? Just wondering.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post