DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I am building a completely chineese dragster.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am building a completely chineese dragster.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

me and the crew are working on this thing 24/7 and at the moment we have plenty of bamboo

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jenavet

I don't understand how your going to build a all china engine, help me understand

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not sure but I THINK he's just joking us bud

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just a little advice Ed Jenner, but instead of blowing money on those headers you should have gotten a breast reduction. If you got those off your chest you could do jumping Jacks without giving yourself black eyes.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

me and the crew are working on this thing 24/7 and at the moment we have plenty of bamboo

With that around I'd have lots of "bamboo" too!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
almost 5600 and heading to 6000 views. Just another bamboo dragster.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like the Bender said, there won't be any limp bamboo around with a crew chief like that!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Mike, are you gonna use chopsticks for pushrods?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
haha bender,but this is a serious build.i am working with vendors now in asia to come up with a complete parts list I will need.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
following

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Another good america manufacturer that keeps their commitment is

http://www.jjperformance.com/?...ry&utm_campaign=Link

I ordered a custom kevlar diaper from them 1 week ago and it was shipped yesterday.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed
I just had the same luck with mike from the fab shop.
he ran a touch behind.not his fault, but called me and checked in with me.he was great at communicating and ive got a fedex tracking number they are on the way today.
ive also found greg at fti to be good like this as well

DRR Trophy
Picture of jason jensen
posted Hide Post
Need Piston contact in China please! JE says 3-4 weeks...7 weeks later, whoops we made em wrong. Same thing happened to a buddy with another piston mfg.

Posts: 278 | Location: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Need Piston contact in China please!

here is another example to buy chineese..
cody wiggins,cunningham machine in murray ky.
cody lists some machined items on facebook which they produce at their shop in ky.
they looked real nice and I'm thinking cool,a small little american shop that's producing racing components.
I message cody wiggins on facebook and he tells me he has them in stock and can ship on a Monday.
I call him with credit card info Monday morning,he again states they are on the shelf and he will ship them out that day.
well a week goes by,then 2 weeks? so I message him on facebook,no answer...then I call the shop and leave messages and he dosent return calls.
2-3 days later I call him and I catch him.he states he has no clue why they didn't get shipped,he just gives the orders to the office manager and assumes the order is set from there.

cody wiggins says why don't I overnight them to you hence the screw up.im like that would be fantastic!!
problem solved? that was Monday and on Friday I still don't have them!!
then I see on facebook that tommy Cunningham from cunninham machine is bringing 3 sets of them to lights out in Georgia!!!

I text cody like wtf and he states he didn't know but the parts are on backorder because of the black anodizing...like he tells me this almost a month after I ordered them...he told me he physically checked them and they where on the shelf!!
so again...this cody wiggins straight up lied...said they where on the shelf,said he would overnight them...never called me once to give me a status or update,i virtually had to chase him down.
horrible company,horrible service,cunninham machine murray ky

buy chineese!!!!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Your $ is green and good everywhere, get it back from these liars.

They can't be the only shop in the country that produces the parts you want.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

cody lists some machined items on facebook which they produce at their shop in ky.
they looked real nice and I'm thinking cool,a small little american shop that's producing racing components.
I message cody wiggins on facebook and he tells me he has them in stock and can ship on a Monday.
I call him with credit card info Monday morning,he again states they are on the shelf and he will ship them out that day.
well a week goes by,then 2 weeks? so I message him on facebook,no answer...then I call the shop and leave messages and he dosent return calls.
2-3 days later I call him and I catch him.he states he has no clue why they didn't get shipped,he just gives the orders to the office manager and assumes the order is set from there.

cody wiggins says why don't I overnight them to you hence the screw up.im like that would be fantastic!!
then I see on facebook that tommy Cunningham from cunninham machine is bringing 3 sets of them to lights out in Georgia!!!

I text cody like wtf and he states he didn't know but the parts are on backorder because of the black anodizing...like he tells me this almost a month after I ordered them...he told me he physically checked them and they where on the shelf!!
so again...this cody wiggins straight up lied...said they where on the shelf,said he would overnight them...never called me once to give me a status or update,i virtually had to chase him down.

buy chineese!!!!

I think I saw he was trying to get people to order Renegade race fuel also. He is always trying to sell over priced drum openers

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
**** 3 years ago i want a 6 week wait on pistons for the 509

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

buy chineese!!!!

Mikey

I don't have your issues,,,, it seams that you always find companies that don't perform or they all know your rep! Full Moon

Or maybe your past crew chiefs have put the word out on you!!!!!!

HMMMM

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have your issues,,

al because you have the most boring top dragster on the east coast...when you took your runs at Englishtown everyone face planted into their popcorn Smile

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't have your issues,,

al because you have the most boring top dragster on the east coast...when you took your runs at Englishtown everyone face planted into their popcorn Smile

Come on Mikey,, you can do better than that!!!!

And BTW, its called Stealth! Razz

And what is tis Englishtown you speak off???

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post