DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I am building a completely chineese dragster.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am building a completely chineese dragster.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hes rolling already 1647 veiws on his way to 1700! Just another bamboo pipe rack

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PineApple Express:
Went to my local speed shop and ordered a set of rear wheels on Dec 19 2017. Estimated delivery was 4 to 5 weeks. Had speed shop call and inquire on Feb 1 and response was it should have built we will check into it? Response they must be waiting for parts? (Thought Weld was a in house wheel builder?) Called AGAIN on 2-9-18 again they have parts and promise build of 2-16-18 and ship here several days after. On 2-15-18 called to verfy build date of 2-16-18. Estimated build date is NOW 2-23-18 as they are running behind on ALL wheel build orders! Why does it affect MY wheels as it was in line to build on 2-16-18 and slips another week??? First no parts, then can't meet schedule dates??? ahhh very POOR business. I understand wheels are a selective market as well as multiple options on each wheel build restricting stocking costing. BUT delays on every order??? Not a happy wheel purchaser, I only got the rear rims. Now will it take 6 months IF I order the front rims???

Chuck
PAE

Sanders wheel

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Lots of parts from Procomp/Speedmaster. He won't need to worry about safety, it won't even start up...

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^if it had one of your carbs on it,would definitely not run^^^

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

Lmao that burn......

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uncontrollable Laugh

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have this post removed. ALL of our parts are MADE IN U.S.A. and this seems to be discriminatory!

FYI all of our products are 100% in stock and if they are not I'll answer the phone and let you know when to expect them Wink

SL...

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
USA clapping

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone says buy American,buy American!!

Not everyone.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If I was building a new dragster today, the car would be mostly identical to the one I have now, built by Bill Frederick aka Elite Chassis, the engine would be built by one of two builders, neither of which advertise or post here and be a spread port 615, the trans would again come from Abruzzi, the brakes, 3rd member and driveshaft would again be from Mark Williams, the wheels would again come from Weld, the slicks of course would again come from HOOSIER and the paint would again be spilled by Todd Zellar aka Todd's Extreme Paint and it would cost me ~ 105,000 and be complete in 6 months or less.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone says buy American,buy American!! I am fed up with the horrible service from 80 percent of us companies.
The lying,the bogus completion times.The taking of your money and not delivering the product.The arrogance.complete lack of communication after the money has been sent...all this and the quality is barely better than a part from asia!!

To prove a point i am going to build a top dragster completely made from asian parts.There will be no parts on this car from north america.Every part will be from china,philippines,tawain,korea and indonesia.I guarentee you i will get the parts i need from these countries faster than any in the usa.These parts will look identical to anything maufactured in america.
The parts will hold up the same or almost the same as any part made in america.It will be just as fast as any top dragster made with us made parts and at half the cost!!

It's not every company that sucks, just a small percentage. You need to deal with other companies. With that said, make sure you buy a Chinese fire suit and helmet so when everything takes a shyt on the top end, they can stuff you in a hefty 30 gallon trash bag and continue with racing.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
It's not every company that sucks, just a small percentage. You need to deal with other companies.

THIS^^^

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
they can stuff you in a hefty 30 gallon trash bag and continue with racing.

I will try not to oil the track down with my blood

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
they can stuff you in a hefty 30 gallon trash bag and continue with racing.

I will try not to oil the track down with my blood

Let me tell you this, blood is not easy to clean up. Been there, done that.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
These guys wanna race your new pipe rack heads-up with their home-built Top Sportsman ride.

Can't believe another two inches of snow here tonight and it's still falling! If I wanted this stuff I would move up by you Mike!

I see why my friends keep moving south.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
7" here and I ain't bragging. Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see why my friends keep moving south

I was supposed to be racing down south next week mike,but thanks to wait times on us made parts I am stuck here balls deep in snow.if I started this chineese build a couple months ago I would already be down there.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
73 degrees today boyz!!!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
7" on the ground and currently 33*.

8 weeks until we start turning $ into noise.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
7" here and I ain't bragging. Uncontrollable Laugh

Those man boobs did seem like 7 inchers

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post